All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
1601 PR.06 Bypassing Oracle Applications and Financial Planning Training
May 28, 2002
- When is bypassing training acceptable?
- How does the TAC request access outside of Xtrain / START?
In accordance with Policy 1601 Information Access and Security, the following procedure applies to employees in need of access to a responsibility, but want to bypass Xtrain instruction requirements for Oracle Financial, Human Resource, Self Service Web, and Data Warehouse Web Statements and Reporting Financial Planning applications.
If during the last two years, the employee has not been an active user and has not been formally trained, then they can bypass training if their TAC approves, based upon earlier experience and training. Otherwise, if the employee has not been an active user nor formally trained for more than two years, then both TAC and Process Owner approval is required.
If Process Owner approval is required, the TAC should send email requesting permission. The Process Owner’s name can be found in START under the following navigation:
(If there is no Process Owner for the responsibility needed, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org stating same.)
1. The email should include the following:
- employee’s netid (ss33)
- employee’s name (Sam Smith)
- application and responsibility(s) needed for employee (Oracle Payroll, C&T Time Approval)
- organization, job type, project code values that are needed for each responsibility (CELL Cell Biology 705005)
- when the employee last received training (January 2000)
- when the employee last used the responsibility (March 2001)
- what the previous position was where the employee used that responsibility
- justification for not taking training
2. Once the approval is granted by the Process Owner, or if no Process Owner approval is required, the email should be forwarded to User Accounts at email@example.com who will:
- verify with the registrar if any training has been completed;
- set up the access, email the TAC, and carbon copy the process owner; and
- maintain a file of the requests for auditing purposes.