3401 PR.07 Requesting Accounts Payable (AP) Check Voids and Reissues
Checks issued by Accounts Payable, referenced as AP check in this document, are live documents until the Accounts Payable department voids them in Workday. It is important that an AP check be voided soon after discovering that the AP check is no longer valid.
To cancel an AP check that may have been misplaced or lost, contact Accounts Payable via email at email@example.com.
Return all AP checks that need to be canceled or reissued:
If sent via:
Accounts Payable, 25 Science Park 2nd Floor, Attn: AP Payment Services
US Postal mail
Accounts Payable, P.O. Box 208228, New Haven, CT 06520, Attn: AP Payment Services
The following steps should be followed when an AP check is returned.
- AP Check Not Needed
- Please write “void and do not reissue” on the AP check with an explanation of why it was not needed and initial it.
- AP Check Needed but Returned
First, verify that the address or amount is correct:
- If the address is incorrect:
- Correct the address in Supplier Compliance
- Return AP check to Accounts Payable and write on AP check “void and reissue”, only after the address has been corrected with a brief explanation for the need to reissue the AP check.
- Please ensure the correct address is written on the AP check.
- If the amount is incorrect:
- Send the AP check to Accounts Payable and write on the AP check “void and do not reissue” with an explanation of the need to void the AP check. Submit a new request for the new amount.
- If the AP check is more than 6 months old:
- Return AP check to Accounts Payable and write on the AP check “void and reissue” and with an explanation of the need to reissue the AP check.
When an AP check is lost, please take the following steps:
- Please email Accounts Payable at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that a stop payment be placed on the AP check.
- Follow the guidelines above to determine what should be done (void and cancel, void and reissue).
Note: Accounts Payable will void and reissue, if required, within five days of receiving the email or the AP check.