All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Reporting Animal Care and Use Concerns
Have a Concern and/or Question about Animal Care or Use
Yale University ensures that no individual will be discriminated against or be subject to any reprisal for raising a concern or reporting violations to any regulation or standard pertaining to an animal cared for or used under our Animal Program umbrella.
A concern or report can be made anonymously*. Whether or not made anonymously, all reviews and investigations will be dealt with confidentially to the extent reasonably possible.
What should you do?
You should bring your concern(s) to the attention of the University by contacting any of the individuals or offices listed at the end of this document.
If you are not sure a situation warrants an investigation and report or you have questions, you are encouraged to seek guidance and additional information about the situation from any of the individuals or offices listed at the end of this document. The contacted individual will, to the best of his/her ability, provide you guidance and clarification on the issue(s) or questions you raise and discuss the options for addressing them. You should feel free to stop discussions at any time and/or contact another individual/office. The outcome of meeting could include the following options:
- File a report yourself via an official channel.
- Ask the representative you are speaking with to file a report on your behalf to maintain your anonymity.
- Indicate that you now have a better understanding of the situation and do not wish to pursue it further.
- Please be advised that if the representative determines that the matter should be reported, but you disagree, the representative is required to inform the IACUC Chair of the matter (who in turn may decide to take action), without disclosing your identity.
- Interaction with program representatives will also be managed with confidentiality to the extent reasonably possible.
|Individual/Office||Contact||Phone||Email / Website|
|Attending Veterinarian||Jim Macy, DVMemail@example.com|
|Chair, IACUC||Gary Cline, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|YARC Operations Manager||Eric Georgelosemail@example.com|
|YARC Main Office
Veterinary Clinical Services
|IACUC Office||Troy Hallman, VMDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Institutional Official||Pamela Caudillemail@example.com|
|University Research Compliance Officer||Alice Tangredi-Hannonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|University Hotline*||Yale University Hotline||1-877-360-YALE
|Yale University Hotline web page|
*Anonymous reports can be made through the University Hotline.