Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Funding Opportunity Databases & Email Alerts
SPIN is a large database covering funding opportunities in all areas of academic research. This resource allows you to develop a funding profile that can be saved and run in real time. Profiles are used to generate email alerts of new and updated funding opportunities relevant to your interests. You can also save individual opportunities of interest to you and then generate email alerts, similarly, for new and updated information.
Explore all of the links for the funding databases listed to determine which of these will provide the information most useful to you in your search for research funding. All of the sites listed provide email alert services.
Funding Opportunities in All Academic Areas
Other Funding Opportunity Sources
- The Foundation Directory
- Fulbright Program
- Institute of Museum Services
- NASA Research Opportunities
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Space Biomedical Research Institute
- NIH Guide (including other DHHS agencies)
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Institutional Training Grants - Funding Opportunity Announcements (T32, T90)
- Short-term Institutional Training Grants - Funding Opportunity Announcements (T35)
- NSF Funding Opportunities
- State of Connecticut Department of Public Health
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Defense Funding Opportunities (from Grants.gov)
- U.S. Department of Defense (specific programs)
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- NIH Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (Parent F32) – PA-16-307
- AHRQ Individual Awards for Postdoctoral Fellows (F32) National Research Service Awards (NRSA) – PA-12-261
- NSF Postdoctoral Fellowship opportunities
- Postdoctoral fellowship opportunities sponsored by private foundations and charitable organizations.
- SPIN: From a computer with a Yale IP address, click on SPIN and enter postdoc* in the keyword box. This will provide a lengthy list of opportunities that can be filtered by field. Many opportunities are specific to the institution sponsoring the fellowship; others can be carried out at an institution of your choice. For best results, you may wish to adjust the active filters by clicking on the link below the keyword box.
- Brown-Coxe Fellowships (for Yale School of Medicine postdocs)
- Postdoc Career Cafe 10-26-2016 Handouts
Last update: April 18, 2017 - link updates