All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
There are many opportunities for support within Yale University, which may include funding for:
- Pilot and feasibility studies.
- Postdoctoral fellowships
- Junior faculty career development
- Use of imaging and other core facilities
Dates and links shown are for the most recent competitions. They will be updated as new information becomes available.
If you would like to update award information or add a new internal award to this list, please forward information to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, information on internal awards will be added to our Funding Opportunities Calendar and, if requested, an email announcement can be distributed broadly to the award’s target audience.
- Prospective Yale University and University of Puerto Rico Developmental Center For AIDS Research (Yale-UPR D-CFAR) 2019 Pilot Project Grants
- Yale Climate Change and Health Initiative Request for Proposals 2019
The Yale Climate Change and Health Initiative seeks proposals for innovative pilot research projects focused on climate change and health. Potential research areas include, but are not limited to, health effects of heat waves; occupational heat stress; cardiovascular and respiratory health effects of climate change; interactions between climate change and air pollution; relationships between climate change and infectious or other environmentally-transmitted diseases; climate change and food insecurity; mental health effects of natural disasters; climate refugee health; social justice in relation to climate change and health; interplay between climate change and human exposure to chemical contaminants; health co-benefits of climate change mitigation; and adaptation strategies to minimize adverse health effects of climate change.
- Quantitative Neuroscience with Magnetic Resonance (QNMR) Core Center at Yale – NIH: P30 NS052519
Pilot Study Program for MR-Based Neuroscience Research in Small Animals
Supports innovative, investigator-initiated, basic neuroscience research utilizing any of the Cores. Small grants providing resources for each of the Cores, including scanner time and staff support, may be awarded. The total award amount is dependent on the project. The QNMR Core Center will support new research projects but will not supplement ongoing studies or provide bridge funding. Priority is given to projects from junior independent scientists and/or projects describing collaborations between two (or more) investigators.
There are no deadlines.
- Women’s Health Research at Yale
2019 Pilot Project Research Funding
Letter of intent deadline: October 25, 2018 (noon)
- Office of Cooperative Research
Blavatnik Fund for Innovation at Yale
Pre-proposal deadline: October 30, 2018
- Yale Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center (DERC)
Pilot and Feasibility Project Grants
Application deadline: November 17, 2018
- The Yale Program on Aging/Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center
Career Development Awards
Research Development Awards
Most recent letter of intent deadline: October 15, 2018
- Yale Cooperative Center of Excellence in Hematology (YCCEH)
Pilot & Feasibility Project Grants for Non-Malignant Hematology Research
Most recent letter of intent deadline: January 21, 2019
- Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS (CIRA)
Pilot Projects in HIV/AIDS Prevention Research
Letter of intent deadline: August 20, 2018
- George M. O’Brien Center for Kidney Research at Yale
Pilot and Feasibility Studies
Most recent application deadline: June 4, 2018 (optional LOI due May 7)
- Yale Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center
ADRC Pilot Research Grants
ADRC Pilot Project Awards
Application deadline: February 28, 2019
- Yale Cancer Center in collaboration with the Yale SPORE in Lung Cancer
Developmental Research Program
Most recent letter of intent deadline: April 27, 2018
- James Hudson Brown – Alexander Brown Coxe Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Medical Sciences 2018 (at Yale School of Medicine)
For new postdoctoral fellows conducting research at the Yale University School of Medicine who will have completed not more than two years of postdoctoral research as of July 1, 2018.
Most recent application deadline: March 15, 2018
- Yale Cancer Center
Leslie H. Warner Postdoctoral Fellowships for Cancer Research (offered every other year)
Current Funding opportunities (scroll to bottom of page)
Most recent application deadline: March 1, 2018.
- Yale Liver Center
Pilot Feasibility Grants
Most recent letter of intent deadline: February 16, 2018
- Yale Center for Clinical Investigation
Pilot Programs and Awards
Most recent letter of intent deadline: November 20, 2017
- Yale Center for Clinical Investigation
YCCI Scholar Awards for Support of Junior Faculty Members
Most recent letter of intent deadline: April 25, 2017