- Institutional Assurances and Code Numbers
- Authorized Financial Officer
- Payment Addresses
- Rate Agreements
- Audit Report, Federal UG (FY22)
- Yale Compensation Policies for Postdoctoral Appointees
- Yale Graduate Student Tuition, Stipends and Continuous Registration Fees
- Equipment vs. Supplies
- NIH Salary Cap
- NIH/NRSA Stipends, Tuition Fees and Other Budgetary Levels
- NRSA Childcare Support Funding
Institutional Assurances and Code Numbers
Yale University is a private corporation. For tax purposes, the University is covered under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
|Type of Information||Date / Number / Code|
|Age Discrimination Act||Filed 8/26/1993|
|Animal Welfare Assurance (commonly referred to as the “Assurance”) Number||Yale’s Assurance Number: D16-00146
Approval Period: May 1, 2019-May 31, 2023
|SAM Registration Status | Expiration Date||Active (Expires 03/30/24)|
|DUNS Number (see below for UEI)||04-320-7562|
|Employer Identification Number (EIN) (also known as Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)||06-0646973|
|Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) – Federalwide Assurance (FWA) Number||FWA00002571 (Expires 12/22/26)|
|Misconduct In Science Assurance||Filed 03/14/2016|
|North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code||611310 (Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools)|
|Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Number||06-00183-03 (Radiation License Date: 02/28/2005)|
|ORCA Certification Date||09/19/2014|
|ORI Certification Expiration Date||04/30/2022|
|Type of Organization||Institution of Higher Education|
|UEI (Unique Entity ID)||FL6GV84CKN57|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Inspection Date||10/02/2006|
|USDA License and Registration Number (Registration Period)||16-R-0001 (March 20, 2014-March 20, 2017)|
Authorized Financial Officer
Kathleen King, Associate Director, Financial Reporting
Sponsored Projects Financial Administration
150 Munson Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 208327
New Haven, CT 06520-8327
Make checks payable to: Yale University.
|PAYMENT REMITTANCE ADDRESS:||SUBCONTRACT INVOICE REMITTANCE ADDRESS:||W AWARDS & CLINICAL TRIAL (44000) PAYMENT REMITTANCE:|
Contacting email: GrantsAR@yale.edu
For overnight delivery:
|Send electronically to: email@example.com
Send by U.S. mail to:
School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street, I-100 SHM
New Haven, CT 06510-3206
- Most recent rate agreement: DHHS FEDERAL RATE AGREEMENT dated 03/17/23
- Cognizant Agency: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- DHHS Representative: Ryan McCarthy, (212) 264-2069
Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Cost Rates
Applicable to Location
|RATES EFFECTIVE 7/1/2019 – 6/30/2023*
|Research DOD Contract
|Other Sponsored Activities
|Other Sponsored Activities
*Effective 7/1/2023 until amended provisional rates apply (use same rates as those cited for fiscal year ending 6/30/2023).
F&A Cost Rates for Corporate/Industrial Sponsors
- 69.9% Research
- 30.0% Industry-sponsored clinical trial
F&A Cost Rates for Sponsors with No Stated Overhead Rate
Please contact your Proposal or Contract Manager.
Fringe Benefit Rates
The categories referred to below are:
- Exempt - Salaried (includes Faculty, M&P, Postdoctoral Associates)
- Non-Exempt - Hourly (includes C&T, S&M)
- Part-Time - (No Benefits)
Audit Report, Federal UG (FY22)
Access the Audit Report, Federal UG (FY22)
|APPLICABLE TO Type||Rates Effective
7/1/22 - 6/30/23 FIXED
|Rates Effective 7/1/24 - Until Amended PROVISIONAL|
Refer to the Controller’s Office Factsheet.
Yale Compensation Policies for Postdoctoral Appointees
- Yale Compensation Policies and Postdoctoral Appointees Compensation Policies for Postdoctoral Appointees
Yale Graduate Student Tuition, Stipends and Continuous Registration Fees
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Tuition & Living Costs
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Stipend Payments
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Funding
- Equipment is defined as an article of tangible nonexpendable personal property with a useful life of more than 1 year and a cost per unit equal to or greater than $5,000. Those items which do not meet this definition should be budgeted in the materials and supplies category.
NIH Salary Cap
- Effective January 1, 2023 the Executive Level II Salary Cap increased from $203,700 to $212,100. See: NIH NOT-OD-23-056: Guidance on Salary Limitations for Grants and Cooperative Agreements FY2023.
- NIH Salary Cap Summary FY1990-Present.
- Key point: You may re-budget existing funds (per NIH policies and procedures) to cover the increased salary cap level, but no additional funds will be provided by NIH to cover the increased salary expenses.
NIH/NRSA Stipends, Tuition Fees and Other Budgetary Levels
- Details for Individual and Institutional (NRSA) Awards may be found at Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) Postdoctoral Stipends.
- Additional information for Institutional (NRSA) Awards may be found at Yale’s NIH Institutional Training Grant Resources.
- Current Yale postdoc levels can be found on the Office for Postdoctoral Affairs website.
NRSA Childcare Support Funding
The NIH announced that it will fund childcare support requests up to $2,500 per budget period for full-time NRSA fellows. Among the conditions associated with the funds are:
- The childcare provided must be by a licensed childcare provider;
- Yale must retain supporting documentation (e.g., proof provider is licensed); and
- Funds are restricted and cannot be re-budgeted without prior approval of the NIH.
For non-NIH childcare reimbursement requests, requestors must follow the sponsor specific guidelines.
The childcare reimbursement is considered income and is taxable; recipients of this reimbursement should consult a tax advisor regarding how this reimbursement may impact their personal tax situation.
These funds can be requested during the application process or as a supplement. Instructions on how to apply for these funds are available in NIH NOT OD 21-074. Please note:
- The Department Business Office (DBO) is responsible for retaining all related childcare costs documentation
- The DBO will need to enter a one-time payment through Workday in order to get the reimbursement processed utilizing the appropriate pay component and spend category in table below
- The DBO will need to enter the pay component PDF Child Care or Graduate Student Child Care. Note: The PDF Child Care pay component is not yet available in Workday. If processing PDF Child Care, you must forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org (please use this email for YSM and non-YSM requests) for processing.
Once the reimbursement is paid out in the month it has been entered, it will appear at the end of the year on a 1099 or 1042.
|Pay Component||Spend Category|
|Graduate Student Child Care||SC783|
|PDF Child Care||SC782|
NRSA Frequently Asked Questions
Child is defined as dependent children living in the eligible fellow’s home from birth under the age of 13, or children who are disabled and under age 18.
A copy of the receipt from the provider with enough detail (Name of Provider, License number, dates of care, name of dependent(s), cost of care, etc.) so the request for reimbursement can be verified as compliant.
The PDF/Graduate Student must submit the required documentation indicated above to department. The DBO will input the necessary info into Workday:
- Spend Category: PDF Child Care (SC782)
- In Workday, enter one-time payment
- Input pay component “PDF Child Care”
- Transactions will post to LA 81051 Other Expenses / PDF Childcare Reimbursement (SC782) - Childcare reimbursements issued to full-time post-doctoral fellows for childcare costs provided by a licensed childcare provider. Sponsored awards must refer to their awarding agency for specific guidelines.
- SC Name - Graduate Student Child Care (SC783)
- In Workday, enter one-time payment
- Input pay component “Graduate Student Child Care”
- Transactions will post to LA 81051 Other Expenses / Graduate Student Childcare Reimbursement (SC783) - Childcare reimbursements issued to graduate students for childcare costs provided by a licensed childcare provider. Sponsored awards must refer to their awarding agency for specific guidelines.
The NIH will not accept Amendments to pending proposals in order to request childcare support (although each institution can withdraw the application and resubmit at the next deadline).
Requests not included in the proposal would need to be requested via an administrative supplement.
- View the NIH’s Childcare Costs FAQs for additional information.
- For guidance on how to request a one-time payment in Workday, access the Manage Compensation (Academic) Training Guide.