Resume Rescues & Cover Letter Critiques
Is your resume in need of a refresh but you are not sure where to start? Are you contemplating applying to a job you saw in STARS but don’t have a cover letter ready to go? NOW IS THE TIME! Please join us for RESUME RESCUES & COVER LETTER CRITIQUES, a unique career development opportunity sponsored by the Organizational Effectiveness & Staff Development and Staffing & Career Development teams.
Tuesday, June 13th, 1pm - 4pm
221 Whitney Avenue, 2nd floor
Sign up for one 25-minute slot where an expert member of our teams will coach you through the best ways to market yourself to further your career at Yale University. Slots will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. Given the demand for these one-on-one appointments, you may sign up for only ONE coaching session (either resume or cover letter, but not both).
In order to maximize your coaching session, we ask that you thoroughly review the online resume or cover letter guide found here and incorporate the best practices recommended.
There are 3 steps (prerequisites) that are required in order for your session to be successful:
Resume Rescues Participants
1. Review the on-line guide “Writing a Winning Resume”
2. Update your resume by incorporating the best practices from the guide
3. Bring TWO hard copies of your updated resume to the event
Cover Letter Critique Participants
1. Review the on-line guide ” Maximizing Your Cover Letter”
2. Update your cover letter by incorporating the best practices from the guide
3. Bring TWO hard copies of both your updated cover letter AND the corresponding STARS job description to the event (this enables your coach to become familiar with your career goals)
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is limited, sign up soon!
Postdoctoral scholars: while this event is for staff only, you may want to take advantage of a resume or cover letter review through one of the following offices:
For a non-academic job search, please consult the Office of Career Strategy at Yale.
For an academic job search, please consult your advisor, the faculty in your department, or Dr. John Alvaro, Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs for assistance. Additionally, there is a special section for the academic job search on the Office of Career Strategy’s website.