One-on-one Financial Coaching
Request a 1:1 Appointment with a TIAA Advisor
In order to protect your health and safety during the Coronavirus outbreak, TIAA is conducting 1:1 appointments by phone or online. Book an appointment or call 800-732-8353 to schedule.
As part of your retirement planning benefits at Yale, you can schedule confidential one-on-one retirement counseling sessions with a TIAA financial advisor — all at no cost to you. These sessions can help you to:
- enroll in a retirement savings plan
- change an investment strategy
- calculate long-term savings needed for retirement
- develop a retirement plan.
You do not need to be enrolled in a retirement plan to schedule a one-on-one retirement counseling session.
To schedule an on-campus session, book an appointment online or call 1-800-732-8353, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (ET).
Here are some sample questions that an advisor may ask you in your session:
- What do you envision for your retirement? Where do you plan to live and with whom? What kind of lifestyle would you like to live? When would you like to retire?
- Regarding your child’s education, what are your goals to cover the costs? Where will your child go and what will they study?
- What concerns you most about your finances now, or in the future?
- What are your savings goals?
- What amount are you able to commit to your plan at this time?
- What is your investment experience? How much risk are you comfortable accepting?
- Tell me about your legal documents, e.g. will, power of attorney, health care directive, etc.
Visit TIAA website to learn more about the full investment lineup, including Vanguard investment options; review and change investments; update beneficiaries; and access financial and retirement planning tools.