Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
COVID-19 WorkLife Resources
Additional Support Resources
Support resources have been compiled to help staff manage work and family responsibilities through the COVID-19 pandemic. For additional information, visit the Worklife and Child Care page.
- Yale Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Offers counseling and support services provided by Magellan. Visit Magellan online or call 1-800-327-9240.
- Trestle Tree Stress Management Coaching (call toll-free at 866-523-8185): For support with managing stress (health, financial, social, or emotional) related to COVID-19, TrestleTree is available to help. You and your family can work with a TrestleTree Health Coach to better understand your stress so you can put good coping strategies into effect. Your dedicated Health Coaches are Registered Nurses and are ready to help you navigate during this time.
- Yale Trail 2020 Online Wellness Challenge for Faculty, Staff, and Students: The Yale Trail is a great way to incorporate some positivity and inspiration during this stressful time. With more amazing Yale landmarks, this six-week campus-wide online wellness tour will lead you and your virtual teammates on a fun and exciting journey.
- Being Well at Yale has an excellent Self-Care Covid-19 website with information including exercise programs to stream for free, resources for staying connected with friends, meditation apps, and games and activities to do solo or remotely with friends and family.
Back-up Child Care Resources by Job Category
Clerical & Technical and Service & Maintenance Staff
- Caregivers On Call: Care is available for Clerical & Technical and Service & Maintenance staff. The University and Yale parents share in the cost of the care. Participating families may use this service for up to 40 hours of care/year with a minimum of 4 hours/use. Parents can call 888-899-2462.
Faculty, Managerial and Professional Staff, and Post-Doctoral Associates
- Back-up care benefit through Bright Horizons (BH) Care Advantage (BUCA): Care is for any age and can be in-home or center based, along with the new Crisis Care Assist. This is a component of Bright Horizons Back-Up Care that is activated during extreme circumstances, including the COVIC-19 pandemic. When Crisis Care activated, eligible employees can find and select their own caregivers and get reimbursed for eligible expenses through this back up care benefit for up to ten days. Visit the Crisis Care Assist page for more details and FAQ’s. The benefit is for ten days per calendar year. The regular Yale benefit subsidizes up to 10 days/calendar year. Employees pay $6/hr. for in-home care and $25/day for a center. All of the details are available online from Bright Horizons or by calling 877-BH-CARES to speak with a care consultant 24/7. During this busy time, it is suggested to use their on-line system as much as possible. If asked for your employee ID, you can use your Yale NET ID.
Other Child Care Resources
- Yale Babysitting Service
- 211- ChildCare: Provides a way to search for a child care program near you. Run by the State of Connecticut.
Additional Resources for Benefits Eligible Faculty, Managerial & Professionals, and Post-Doctoral Associates
- Homework Connection: Provides free, 24/7 access to online support (grades K-12) from professional tutors and teachers for up to five hours per month, per eligible child.
- Child Development Support: This benefit managed by Rethink can support parents who are now working remotely, some for the first time, and doing so while schools are closing. Learn about existing and new resources that Rethink has added to address the COVID-19 situation.
- Additional Family Supports: Review additional resources for the whole family, including information about a free membership/subscription to the Sittercity website, where employees can find sitters, nannies, housekeepers, pet sitters, dog walkers, and more.
- My Personal Assistant: Specialists can support you with making appointments, coordinating meal deliveries, and more.Specialists can support you with making appointments, coordinating meal deliveries, and more.