Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Bright Horizons Care Advantage
For Faculty, Managerial and Professional staff, and Post-Doctoral Associates, an additional 10 days of back-up care coverage will be added to your account with Bright Horizons for use between June 3, 2020 – December 31, 2020.
Support for the Whole Family
Whether you’re experiencing a breakdown in your regular child care, looking for an after-school sitter, have adult/elder care needs, or need someone to walk the dog – Bright Horizons Care Advantage® is here to support.
This service is available for Yale University Faculty, Managerial and Professional staff, and Postdoctoral Associates.
Back-Up Child and Adult/Elder Care
The Bright Horizons Care Advantage® program provides 10 days of back-up care for your children and/or adult/elder relatives when regular care arrangements fall through and you need to get to work. Copays are $25 per child per day with a maximum of $30 per family per day for center-based care. All in-home care is $6 per hour with a four hour minimum and a ten hour maximum per day. Use back-up care for:
- Urgent or planned back-up child care
- Adult and elder back-up care needs
- School or regular center closings
- You or your spouse are recovering from surgery or an illness
- Your parent or adult loved one needs care in their home – anywhere throughout the U.S.
Nannies, Elder Care, Pet Care, and More
The Bright Horizons Care Advantage program also offers a free membership to the most comprehensive online care database with proprietary matching technology for full-time, evening, weekend, and pet care.* You have access to:
- Self-selected, pre-screened caregivers for your family and pets
- Elder care, planning support and referrals
- Discounted tutoring, test prep & homework help
- Preferred enrollment access and exclusive tuition discounts at participating child care centers nationwide
*Employee is responsible for any related cost with this program
How to Use Back-Up Care
Register Online, by Phone or via the Mobile App
1. Visit Care Advantage, and click “Use It” on the Reserve Back-Up Care tile. Click “Sign Up” and enter your employer credentials: :
- Employer Username: Yale
- Employer Password: Benefits4You
2. Complete the simple registration form if online, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link if by phone – create a personalized username and password. If your benefit eligibility cannot be confirmed, call 877-BH-CARES and your personal username and password will be delayed until confirmation is received from your employer.
3. Log in to your account with your new credentials.
Complete Your Care Profile
- On the home page, click on the blue “Create Your Care Profile” button and follow these steps:
- Fill Out Your Employee Profile: Provide your relevant contact and employment information.
- Add Care Recipients: Enter your relationship, care location(s), and health information, and download/complete any required care forms.
- Enable Authorized Contacts: Add any adults (e.g., spouse/partner, grandparent, friend) as an emergency contact and/or authorized to pick up care recipients.
- Enter Care Locations: Let us know where you will typically need care.
Reserve Back-Up Care
Reserve up to 10 annual days of back-up care per employee at subsidized rates. The copay for center-based care $25/child/day or $30/family (2 or more children); all in-home care is $6/hour (4 hour min.) for well or mildly-ill children, adults, and elders. Reservations for back-up care can be made:
- Online: Visit Care Advantage. Once you have completed your care profile, visit the home page and click on the blue “Make My First Reservation” button.
- By Phone: Call 877-BH-CARES (242-2737) to speak with a care consultant 24/7.
- Via Mobile App: Search “Back-Up Care” in the App Store or Google Play and download the app to reserve care on the go.
Once care is reserved, you will receive a confirmation email. You may also indicate in your care profile that you’d like to receive care confirmations via phone.
How to Access Additional Family Support
Complete your Free Registration
- Visit Care Advantage.
- Scroll down to the Additional Family Support section.
- Click on the placard for your care needs and you will be redirected – your services include: Center-Based Child Care; Babysitters, Nannies & Housekeepers (Sittercity); Elder Care (Years Ahead); Pet Care; and Tutoring, Test Prep & Homework Help.