All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Childhood Development Support
Support for Developmental Disabilities
Childhood Development Support, provided through Rethink, an award-winning web-based program, supports caregivers like you raising children with learning challenges, behavior issues, and developmental disabilities.
This service is available for Yale University Faculty, Managerial and Professional staff, and Postdoctoral Associates.
Features and Resources
- Online engagement community for families and caregivers
- Behavior experts available around-the-clock for phone or live virtual consultations
- Over 1,500 videos about language, socialization, self-help, academics, and more
- Printable materials such as flashcards, worksheets, schedule templates, and token boards
- Customized learning plans based on your child’s individual needs
Additional Resources for COVID-19
- Remote consultation services – Appointments are available day and night, weekend or weekday, to provide customized tips and strategies, and answer parents’ questions about their child’s learning or behavioral needs by master’s and doctoral-level clinicians.
- Access to hot-topic webinars and podcast episodes – Behavior challenges, social struggles, organization/time management/focus … any of those sound familiar? Our on-demand webinars and podcasts will equip parents with quick tips when they need them.
- Video-based lessons – Short, how-to videos to show parents how to teach skills, easily from their home. Just a few examples of helpful videos during this unique time include:
- Printable materials – Lost instruction time by kids being out of school? Rethink’s got parents covered with everything from letter and number recognition, multiplication and fraction worksheets, sight words, fun, dot-to-dot pages, and more.
How to Get Started
You can then schedule a consultation with a behavior expert to create an individualized plan for your child. Behavior experts can answer questions and provide guidance, helping your children reach their top potential.
When you and your family members need assistance, reach out anytime and we will help get you on the right path to meet your needs.