All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Local 35 Training Funds
(ARTICLE XXIV 24.1 through 24.3 of the local 35 bargaining agreement)
The University and the Union recognize the importance to employee morale and to efficient operation for sufficient opportunities for personal and professional growth by employees within their own jobs or trades, as well as advancement to better jobs or different trades. Among other needs in this area, the Parties agree that it is mutually advantageous for employees in more skilled or specialized jobs to have the opportunity to keep abreast of developments and improvements in the technologies, methods, and materials related to their trades.
Upon successfully completing courses or authorized training programs related to his or her job, or to job opportunities within the University, any qualified employee shall be reimbursed by the University 50% of the cost of tuition of such course or program.
- Participant must be a regular full-time local 35 employee OR
- Part-time local 35 employee who is scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week and who has completed six months of service AND
- Employee must be on the payroll at the beginning and completion of course(s).
- The employee must secure the approval of his or her supervisor and department head, prior to starting the coursework.
- Training must be taken by the employee on the employee’s own time.
- Complete the Local 35 Training form, which can be found online or at the Employee Service Center at 221 Whitney Avenue, prior to the start of your program.
- Obtain all required signatures prior to the start of your program.
- Once the program is complete, submit the form, your grades, and an itemized tuition bill to the Employee Service Center.