All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Healthy Planet Green Benefits
Yale’s “green” employee benefits support a healthy lifestyle and planet
For details, visit the Yale Advantages employee discount program on Workday under the Benefits icon.
- YaleAdvantages employee discounts and rebates are available through Workday, including: home solar systems; EPEAT-certified computers; and ink, toner, and printing supplies.
- Solar – Go solar and save on your monthly electricity bills with Sunpower. Yale faculty and staff qualify for a rebate up to $1,000 when purchasing or leasing a home solar system.
- Ink & Toner – Eco Ink’s high quality, eco-friendly and environmentally safe ink, toner, and printer supplies are 40%-70% cheaper than those purchased from national big box retailers.
- Computers – Receive discounts on select EPEAT certified computers from Dell, Lenovo, or Apple.
- Commuter savings, resources, and freebies
- Green your commute and save money on your everyday commuter expenses by paying for public transportation or vanpool expenses with before-tax money. Visit Workday to get started.
- Receive free consultation from the Office of Sustainability on the most sustainable way to get to work. View the Parking and Transportation Options page to get started.
- Earn rewards towards prizes for choosing transport options other than driving alone by logging your travel through the Agile Mile.
- Participants in Yale’s Homebuyer program can take advantage of an easy commuting distance. Most neighborhoods are within walking distance of campus or a free Yale Shuttle ride.
- Flexible work arrangements may be available to reduce time commuting to campus.
- Take Yale Environmental Health & Safety’s free Bicycle Safety Training course and receive a free helmet.
- Green and healthy lifestyle benefits found on campus and nearby
- Yale Outdoor Center – Located in East Lyme, Connecticut on 1,500 wooded acres, Yale community members can enjoy cabins and campsites to rent, plenty of spots to picnic, hiking trails, and a clean lake in which to rowboat, kayak, paddleboard, canoe, fish, or swim. View Yale Outdoor Center details.
- Discounts on fresh, healthy food – Receive 10% off when you use Eli Bucks in most Yale Dining locations. During the summer months at Yale Dining’s Uncommon Market, Yale community members can buy fresh produce at reasonable prices from farms and wholesalers in the tri-state area along with baked goods from the Yale Bakery.
- Tobacco-free campus – The university is committed to improving the health and environment of our overall community and offers resources and support for those who want to quit tobacco.
- Free tree – New Haven residents can request a free tree planting in front of their home.
- Free learning opportunities – Attend free talks, workshops, and unique events to learn from sustainability experts to expand your knowledge of sustainability. See calendar of upcoming events.
- Free WorkLife workshops – Destress while creating something new and beautiful from a repurposed item. Sign up today for a WorkLife workshop.
- Walking tours and trails – Boost your energy while taking in a healthy dose of nature with a self-guided campus tour, a brisk walk along the Yale Nature Walk, Staff Recognition Trail, Fitstyle walking tour, or the Farmington Canal Trail.