Benefits of Riding the Train
Yale commuters who use the train to get to work can:
- Use pre-tax savings to receive a discount on passes. Visit the Commuter Benefits page to learn more.
- Receive up to 3 free parking stays per month to use on days when you need your car.
- Receive up to four Guaranteed Ride Homes annually.
- Purchase CTrail eTix using a smartphone.
- Log trips in CTrides Commuter Rewards to earn restaurant coupons, local retailer discounts, and tickets to shows and attractions.
New Haven is served by two train stations:
Looking for service to/from:
- The Connecticut Shoreline? Shoreline East
- New York City? Metro North
- Harford? The Hartford Line
- Northeast Corridor and beyond? Amtrak
Transportation between New Haven Train Stations and Campus
Union Station Shuttle
The Union Station shuttle connects the New Haven Green, various downtown locations, parking, and Union Station—every 20 minutes. View the map and schedule.
The Yale Shuttle provides service between Union Station and campus destinations. Please note that there are now TWO shuttle stop locations in front of Union Station. If the stop directly in front of the station is congested, shuttle drivers pick up in front of the parking garage. Please look for Shuttles in both locations.
For information on access to train stations at your place of origin, contact the local transit authority or town/city government where the train station is located. Some towns offer commuter connection services and most manage parking arrangements at the train stations.
Train Rider Advocacy
If you are interested in advocating for more and better train service, consider joining the CT Rail Commuter Council.