All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
- Application for Rideshare
- Application to Park for Employees w/Disabilities (PDF)
- Application to Park for Faculty & Staff
- Application to Park for Students
- Prior to accessing Student Parking from off campus, you must log in to Yale’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) to create a secure connection between your computer/device and the Yale network.
- Cancellation of Parking
- Parking Passes for Transit (FREE)
- Request for Services (All)
- Special Services Van for:
- Suspension of Fee (Seasonal or Transit)
- Transfer - Parking Lot or Garage
- State of CT DMV form for state temporary handicapped
Yale Parkers may suspend their parking seasonally (one month minimum) or as a risk-free way to try a transit, bicycle or walking commute. If you would like to suspend your parking permit and deductions, submit the Suspensions of Fee form.
Upon request, parkers will be immediately reassigned to their original location. If space is not available there, they will be assigned to the next most convenient lot and their name will be placed at the top of the waiting list for their original parking location. If a parker’s spot is not reclaimed within six months, the suspension reverts to a cancelation. However, even after six months, every effort will be made to accommodate lot reassignment requests.
How to Receive your Free Daily Parking
For carpool and vanpool participants
Upon successful registration, your carpool or vanpool will automatically receive 6 free one-day parking stays per month to be shared among all passengers.
For transit riders
- Monthly pass holders qualify for 3 free daily parking stays per month.
- 10-ride pass holders qualify for 1 free daily parking stay per month.
Complete the Free Parking Passes for Transit form to have your parking stays loaded onto your Yale ID card. Once you have registered, you will need to prove your continued transit use each year in January and July. Simply resubmit the form with a copy of that month’s transit pass (or receipt) attached, to ensure that you still qualify.
For questions, including free parking permits for vanpool participants, please contact the Parking Office at 203-432-9790.
What is the Emergency Ride Home Program?
- The CTrides Emergency Ride Home (ERH) program is a service provided by the Connecticut Department of Transportation for employees who work in Connecticut and who regularly use an alternative commute to work. If an unexpected emergency arises, the ERH program will reimburse commuters who meet the guidelines below for their trip up to four (4) times a year.
Guidelines for Emergency Ride Home Program
When can I use Emergency Ride Home?
- Unexpected personal or family illness/emergency
- Unexpected mandatory overtime
- Vanpool/carpool driver has emergency; or unscheduled overtime
- Vanpool breakdowns
- Building evacuation or shutdown due to unexpected emergency
The Emergency Ride Home is not meant for:
- Rides to work
- Personal errands or pre-planned appointments
- Scheduled overtime
- Scheduled/unscheduled vanpool maintenance
- Weather-related events
- Transit systems delays/closures
- On-the-job injury
- Shift times that end outside of transit service hours
- Park & Ride lot or transit station where vehicle is parked
- Child’s school or daycare
- Medical facility
- Interim stops if part of the emergency (child’s school, then home)
How to use the Emergency Ride Home Program
- Verify that your trip is eligible and meets CTrides Emergency Ride Home guidelines.
- Arrange for emergency transportation.
- Take the trip, pay for the emergency ride, and keep the receipt.
- Submit a reimbursement request.
- During office hours, participants can call the Parking and Transit Office (203-432-9790) who will then arrange and authorize a free ride home from a local taxi company.
- After office hours, participants should call the taxi company directly and pay for trip using personal funds. Participant should then submit the taxi receipt to the Parking Office for reimbursement via petty cash voucher.