Five things to do before you travel:
The University strongly encourages all members of the University community who are contemplating travel abroad for educational or other purposes to plan well in advance and to take precautions to ensure a safe trip.
- Be sure to register your travel plans on the Yale Emergency Travel Registry website so we can contact you to provide help in the event of a major emergency. You will need to login to the registry using your NetID.
- Check your passport. Will it expire within 6 months and need to be renewed? If you do not have a passport, apply now (there may be long waits for U.S. passports). Check the visa requirements for each country you are visiting to see if you need a visa to enter that country. Yale discount rates for passport and visa services are available through CIBT.
- Complete an international travel orientation. For information, tools, and additional resources devoted to travel planning, health, and safety, visit Yale’s International travel orientation page.
- Yale College students should contact the Yale College Center for International Experience, 203-432-8761. Students in the Graduate and professional schools should contact their school representatives.
- Consult the Global Travel Assistance member center to familiarize yourself with this program and print out your Travel Assistance Card with information on what to do in an emergency.