Accessible Transit Van
Service on selected routes have changed or are temporarily suspended.
Yale Transit provides accessible transit transportation to members of the Yale community who are permanently or temporarily disabled. Once on campus, this service provides a secondary option for transporting individuals from one campus location to another. This service does not provide transportation from outside the university and is not designed to provide transportation to and from individual home addresses.
To participate in this program, community members must complete an application and provide medical documentation. The program will run from July 1st through June 30th of each year
For all applicants with an approved “permanent” need for this service, will be required to complete a renewal application (without medical documentation) each year.
Enrollment in this program is only for use by the approved applicant. University ID will be required. Misuse may result in suspension from the program.
Renewal applications are required each year and will end on each June 30th.
- For University Faculty: Faculty Request Form for Accessible Transit Van
- For Universtiy Staff: Staff Request form for Accessible Transit Van
- For Students: Student Accessibility Services Registration Form
Once approved your name will be added to our system and you can begin requesting rides. Please note the days this service is not available below.
Request a Ride
- Call 203-281-5470 – Prompt #1
- Download the Yale Accessible Transit app for iPhone or Android for self-booking. You can find the app under Yale Accessible Transit on the iOS App store or the Google Play store.
- Download instructions for navigating the app.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 1:00 a.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Accessible transit rides are not available on the following holidays and/or designated university holiday: New Year’s Day, ML King Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday, Christmas Eve., Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
The Freedom Fund Taxi Voucher Program will offer passengers with disabilities a 50 percent discount from the normal cab rate. To apply, contact the Greater New Haven Transit District at 203-288-6282.