All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
ITS Summer College Internship Program
Application now closed.
About the Program
Want to explore careers in the information technology field? Immerse yourself in the dynamic and varied world of Yale Information Technology Services with a IT Summer College Internship. These paid, full-time, 10- to 12-week positions give you the chance to work side by side with IT professionals on projects matched with your skills and interests.
Assignments will give you hands-on experience, exposure to a collaborative culture, and opportunities to sharpen problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. You will acquire professional experience and learn about IT functions throughout the university. In addition, you will develop your career-building skills and increase your knowledge through career-building workshops and networking activities.
If you have ever wondered what it takes to support a large teaching and research institution such as Yale, apply now.
Previous interns have worked in a variety of areas, including;
- Security and compliance
- Business analysis
- System administration
- Technical analysis
- Research computing
- Technical support
- Software engineering
2021 ITS Summer College Internship Program Information
To be eligible to apply, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college degree program. We accept applications from all majors; an interest in computer science or an IT-related field is preferred.
- Students in four-year degree programs: First-, second-, and third-year students are eligible to apply. (Undergraduates who will finish their programs in 2020-2021 should consider the Yale IT Brian J. Wolson Early Career Development Program.)
- Students in two-year degree programs: You must have completed at least one semester and at least 12 credits toward your intended degree. Students who completed or will complete their two-year degree programs in the 2020-2021 academic year also may apply.
Students enrolled in graduate programs are not eligible. If you are an international student, you must be authorized to work in the United States during the summer.
2021 Program Timeline
- December 2020 – Application opens
- February 1, 2021 – Last day to apply
- March 2021 – Selected applicants invited to interview
- April 2021 – Accepted applicants notified
- Late May 2021 – Internship program begins
- Early August 2021 – Internship program ends
How to Apply
- Complete the online application form. Upload your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address why you are applying to this program and what you hope to gain.
- Obtain an unofficial transcript from the institution you are attending. Upload your unofficial transcript in the application. (You may wish to include unofficial transcripts from other schools at which you completed relevant coursework.)
- Arrange to have a letter of recommendation emailed directly to ITSCollegeInternships@yale.edu. We prefer the recommender to be an academic representative (instructor, academic adviser, or equivalent) who is familiar with your academic performance and/or relevant experience.
Applications will not be considered until resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and letter of recommendation are uploaded.