Treasury Services is responsible for maintaining the University’s operating bank accounts, for monitoring the University’s daily cash position, for processing in-coming and out-going wire transfers, the establishment of petty cash funds, funding of spend authorizations and for the proper recognition in the general ledger of revenue transactions recorded through the Workday Cash Sale system. It is also responsible for the establishment of merchant numbers for the acceptance of credit cards on campus and for monitoring the University’s compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
Reporting Cash Transactions
The Internal Revenue Service requires reporting of certain cash transactions in excess of $10,000 within 15 days of receipt of cash. Please see Reporting Cash Transactions or contact the University Tax Department at 2-5530.
Treasury Services advises the Yale community on domestic and international banking issues and provides the following services at its two Cashiers’ Offices, which are located at 2 Whitney Avenue and 100 Sterling Hall of Medicine:
- Distribution of petty cash
- Issuance of cash and prepaid cards for spend authorizations
- Delivery site for Cash Sale tracking slips and funds
- Processing of returned checks
- Coin and change
- Night deposit safe (Use only business size envelopes at 2 Whitney)
- Processing of credit card transactions for departments that do not have their own credit card machines
- Pick up of accounts payable checks (2 Whitney Avenue only)
- Drop off for accounts payable documents (2 Whitney Avenue only)
Payments to Yale
Yale Departments – use the Yale Treasury Payment System to process the receipt of credit card payments for occasional or one-time events.