Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
COA Information and Resources
- Workday COA Introductory Video (updated 10/03/2018) - printable excerpt
- COA Segment Definitions
- Hierarchies - shows levels of and structures for the hierarchies for the various COA segments
- Related Worktags - explains related worktags, how they are used and how they impact our conversion of historical charging instructions
- Relationships between Accounting Components - shows the relationships between Ledger Accounts, Categories, and Items
- Locations in Workday - resources explain how Oracle building orgs became Workday Locations; includes additional information about Locations
- Basic Configuration of COA Segments - primarily geared towards the “Impacted Systems” workstream and related IT Partners
- Grant Overview - provides further information about the structure of sponsored Awards and Grants
- Information about Workday Book Codes and Books
Using the COA Segments
- Business Use Case Guide - a resource to help business offices determine what COA segment (and sometimes what segment value) to use in specific business circumstances (updated 05/03/18)
- Internal Ledger Account Pairs (updated 10/02/19)
- ISPs - Yale Internal Service Providers (updated 8/22/19)
- Non-Yale Entities - non-Yale Agencies
- Workday COA Charging Instructions Form - this form can be used when sharing/providing/transmitting charging instructions for Workday transactions.
- Staff Accounting Manual - from Finance / Controller’s Office
- Reclassification and Transfer guidance in the Staff Accounting Manual
- Change in Financial Responsibility for a University Building Location
- Cash receipts of refunds, rebates or reimbursements - RC152 is only for use when repaying personal expenses that were established in a receivable via an Expense Report. There is a group of revenue categories (in the “Refunds, Rebates and Reimbursements” hierarchy) that can be used to receive such payments via Cash Sales. Access by Revenue Category List. You can look each of these up to see where they post in order to find the best match for the expense offset. Look up by using “Ledger Account with Spend/Revenue Categories – Yale” and searching/filtering on the “Segment Value” column.
Net Balance Requirements
This information has been moved into the online Accounting Manual: