All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
We are pleased to share listings of certain COA segments and/or provide you with the links to reports in Workday. Please refer to the Chart of Accounts definitions to get an understanding of how these values should be used. More detailed guidance on COA segment usage is fount at our Information and Resources page. You may be required to log in via CAS in order to view these documents.
- Yale Designated in Hierarchy View
- Cost Centers in Hierarchy View
- Program Guidance and Hierarchy Information (as of 04/19/21)
- Programs in Hierarchy View (as of 04/19/21)
- Projects in Hierarchy View (as of 04/19/21)
- Assignee - does not have a hierarchy
- Spend Category
- Revenue Category (as of 04/19/21)
- Ledger Account (as of 04/19/21)
- Ledger Accounts with Spend/Revenue Categories - contains guidance regarding when users must include Spend or Revenue Categories on journal entries; also contains a report that provides information about the system relationships between Ledger Account and Spend/Revenue Categories.
- Grant in Hierarchy View (as of 04/19/21)
- Expense Items
- Fund (as of 01/08/21)
Chart of Accounts Segments - Do Not Use (DNU)
When a Chart of Accounts (COA) segment (eg. Cost Center, Program, Project, etc.) contains “DNU” within the segment name, this is an indication that the segment is earmarked for closure or inactivation in Workday. Therefore, users should refrain from future use of that COA segment value while the COA office conducts our monthly segment closure procedures, in coordination with impacted Department business offices.