Maximize Value and Quality of the Purchases Departments Need to Make:
- Comprehensive management of the end-to-end process, including:
- Solicit, analyze, and negotiate proposals; being the face and lead on negotiations to protect department/supplier relationships.
- Total cost of ownership and providing stewardship on overall value, not solely price.
- Ensuring departments are compliant in their approach to purchase requisitions.
- Lead supplier issue resolution for the Yale Community:
- Coach/Mentor departments in working with a supplier (dealing with an issue)
- Manage non-performance, non-compliant suppliers
- Manage recovery of funds in the event of non-performance, non-compliance with the contract.
- Negotiate extensions of warranties, licenses, etc.”
- Verify Financial Health of Suppliers:
- Leverage industry third-party resources to confirm the financial health of a supplier and perform reference checks on the quality and reliability of the supplier’s product/service.
- Internal reference checks with other departments at Yale who have worked with the supplier.
- Supplier Issue Resolution:
- Coach/Mentor departments in working with a supplier/dealing with an issue
- Manage non-performance, non-compliance
- Manage recovery of funds in the event of non-performance, non-compliance with the contract
- Negotiate extensions of warranties, licenses, etc.
- Ensure that Yale’s terms and conditions are met in all contracts/agreements
- Custom Equipment Builds: Manage balance between specifications being delivered to expected performance and at expected time intervals.
- Validate the supply chain: ensure the supplier has the ability to guarantee stock availability
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) around delivery dates and service availability are built into the contract and vetted
- Ensure policy compliance, both internal policies (Privacy Office, Accessibility, Finance Policy and Procedures) and the policy and procedures for federally funded contracts.
Develop Strategic Partnerships:
- Cultivate long-term strategic partnerships with critical suppliers resulting in a greater overall and a more simple and efficient purchasing process for Yale departments.