All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Yale Shared Services (YSS)
Service. Solutions. Satisfaction.
Finance Support Center (FSC)
The Finance Support Center (FSC) is dedicated to providing a high-level of service for all finance inquiries, including Workday, the University’s financial management system. The FSC represents an expansion and replacement of the Yale Shared Services (YSS) Contact Center. The change was driven by a need to increase support for Workday Financials, provide fast and reliable information from a single source, and improve visibility around financial processes.
It remains under the direction of Yale Shared Services (YSS) and offers enhanced support, including:
- Extended business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- An online inquiry form (available starting July 3)
- Post-call surveys, to improve customer service
Yale Shared Services (YSS) is a business service center that provides financial management and transactional processing services to schools and departments. We deliver business support so that faculty and staff can focus more of their efforts on their core mission and goals.
Start Working With Us - YSS
Our Service and Quality Management team works with you to develop an effective business partnership that doesn’t end when your work is transferred to Yale Shared Services (YSS). We keep a relentless focus on two primary areas:
- Service: Our first step is to identify the transaction processing and financial management needs for your school or department. Then we’ll match your needs with the most appropriate services, define the terms of our partnership, and determine next steps.
- Quality: We’re committed to measuring and reporting our effectiveness and working with you to make continuous improvements based on your feedback and our metrics.
Transitioning Your Work
We develop our partnership by forming a joint integration team with members from your unit and our Service and Quality Management team. Together we work through our client integration process, which helps us get to know your business needs better and ensure a smooth transfer of services.
Plan a visit with us
The Yale Shared Service Center puts all of our expertise conveniently in one place, and we’d be happy to meet with you at our new location or in your department or school. Please give us a call to see how Yale Shared Services can help meet the business needs of your school or department.
Got questions? We can help.
- For a copy of your 1042s, you can contact the Finance Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-432-5394.
- Expense Management
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor Inquiry
High levels of quality service for faculty and staff
Our priority is delivering services that will enable you to concentrate on achieving the core mission of your school or department. We’re enthusiastic about what we do, and committed to providing:
- High levels of satisfaction
- Transactions processed quickly and accurately the first time
- Effective reporting and metric-driven decision making
We’ll work together to build a strong partnership, oversee a smooth transfer of your business needs, and look for ways to foster continuous improvement.
Building a partnership together
We provide a variety of services in the areas of Transactions Processing and Financial Management. Click on an area above to explore the ways that our team can help you, or contact us directly to begin working together.