Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Purchasing Code of Ethics
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of Yale University.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline with grace personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and Yale University’s policies permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement or a sample of a product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier and/or be willing to submit any major controversy to arbitration or third-party reviews, insofar as the established policies of Yale University permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations and with governmental and private agencies for the purpose of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEB and members of other professional Procurement organizations to promote a spirit and keen interest in the expansion and growth of all aspects of Procurement.
CODE OF ETHICS
National Association of Educational Buyers