Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
CT Income Tax
Prepare & File your State of CT Individual Income Tax Return
If you are required to file a state individual income tax return, it is recommended that you follow these steps prior to preparing your federal tax return:
- Collect necessary tax forms and documents.
- Determine which Form CT-1040 you should file (e.g., CT-1040, CT-1040-EZ). Refer to the form instructions available on the State of CT Department of Revenue Services website.
- Read the instructions to the relevant tax forms available on the State of CT Department of Revenue Services website and for general tax information refer to the Examples available on this site.
- Prepare and file your tax return.
- Prepare your tax return using tax software, by hand or electronically via CT TSC
- Consult your tax advisor
State of CT Filing Deadline: April 17, 2018