All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Career Coaching at Yale University
Individual career coaching sessions are available for employees who wish to develop their careers at Yale. The coaching can focus on any of the following development topics:
- Assessing skills, interests, and values
- Reviewing resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Strategizing how to network and conduct informational interviews
- Exploring job options, including job crafting
- Discussing short- and long-term career goals and developing an action plan
- Creating and refining your online brand
- Preparing for a career discussion with your manager or staff
- Other topics around developing your career at Yale University
Eligibility and scheduling an appointment
Yale University offers career coaching for all staff. All appointments are confidential. There are two ways you can request a coaching appointment:
- If there is a particular job in STARS that you are interested in applying to or if you know the specific department or role you would like to pursue at Yale University, you are welcome to contact the Recruiter directly at any time by using the Find Your Recruiter link.
- If you are interested in discussing more broad career goals or thinking about long-term career planning at Yale, it is best to send an email to GROWyourcareer@yale.edu so that we can assign you a coach based on your needs and goals.
No matter which avenue you choose, please answer the following questions in your email to either the Recruiter or to GROWyourcareer@yale.edu:
- What are you looking to gain from this coaching session? How can we help you achieve your short- and long-term career goals at Yale University?
- What have you done thus far to pursue your next career move at the University?
- Is there a school, department, or role in which you would like to work within the University? If so, which one?
The Staffing & Career Development team will respond to your email within three business days and assign you a coach. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please note, there may be limitations based on capacity and need.