All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
- LinkedIn Learning
- Skillsoft Library of Resources
- Quiet Workspaces
- Professional Development Online Courses
- Leadership Development Online Courses
- Career Development Online Courses
Eligible faculty, student, and staff members can take advantage of LinkedIn Learning courses in leadership, professional development, creative media, and information technology. Its courses are designed for in-depth and just-in-time instruction at various skill levels.
The platform also offers some of the same courses in German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin or Brazilian Portuguese languages. View a small sampling of topics and courses.
Explore, Learn, and Grow
- Go to LinkedIn Learning and log in with your Yale netID and password. If you have been working with Lynda.com courses, you will find all learner-specific data will migrate when you activate your account.
- Connecting your LinkedIn Profile with your LinkedIn Learning account is optional. Initially, you will be asked twice if you want to connect your Linkedin Profile to your LinkedIn Learning account. If you choose not to link your profile to your account, you can still log into LinkedIn Learning.
You can decide to link your profile to your account at a later date, if desired. View the Getting Started with LinkedIn Learning guide.
- Showcase your professional growth and development at Yale and enter your completed courses or certifications into your Workday Talent Profile.
- Consult the Learn and Grow page to find out about other learning and career development opportunities at Yale.
- Courses are broken down into multiple 2-10 minute videos.
- Take the entire course or review an individual segment.
- Practice using downloadable exercise files demonstrated in the video, where applicable.
- LinkedIn Learning allows you to customize your privacy settings. You can disconnect your LinkedIn Profile from your LinkedIn Learning account by contacting LinkedIn. If you choose to connect your LinkedIn Profile to your LinkedIn Learning account, Yale will only be able to view your learning activity, profile information (photo, name, work title), and courses transferred to your group account. Aggregate data on skills within the organization will also be collected based on skills identified by Yale employees in their public LinkedIn profiles. Learn more about LinkedIn Learning’s privacy and account security.
- Contact the IT Help Desk with any questions.
Recommended courses may not reflect Yale practices or policies. Please refer to your Human Resources Generalist (HRG) for more tailored support.
For information on in-person training, visit the Learn and Grow page.
Skillsoft Library of Resources
Eligible faculty, students, and staff can access the Skillsoft library, which offers courses on the following topics: Analyst Research, Business Skills, Compliance, Productivity & Collaboration Tools, Engineering, Government, IT Skills, Well-Being, Business Continuity, and Certification Tracks for: (ISC)2, Cisco, CompTIA, EC-Council, EMC, ISACA, BCS Professional Certification, IIBA, ISTQB, ITIL, LPI, Microsoft, Oracle, PRINCE2, PMI, and VMware.
It can be challenging to take advantage of online learning at work. The Learning Center offers dedicated quiet workspaces with computer access and log-in assistance. Register for a quiet workspace through the Training Management System (TMS).
Individual Development Plans