Career Mobility Model
The Career Mobility model, developed by the C&T Training and Development Committee, was first introduced in 2018 as part of the C&T Training & Development program. The model consists of two main paths: planning and fulfillment.
The career model will help you identify the skills, system, and business knowledge you need to develop your career path or achieve success in your current role.
Career Mobility: Planning
This path consists of these 3 steps:
- Step 1 - Assess your skills.
- Step 2 - Create your learning plan.
- Step 3 - Skill up with new skills and knowledge.
Be sure to check out the Clerical and Technical training offerings to add to your learning plan. After acquiring your new skills, practice them and find ways to demonstrate your new abilities.
Career Mobility: Fulfillment
Career fulfillment is the set of actions you take to obtain your career mobility goal once you have assessed your skills and committed to skill up.
- Step 4 - Apply for a new job or apply the skills in your current role.
- Step 5 - Get the job or demonstrate the new skill in your current role. If you were not selected for a position, get feedback!
Use the Career Mobility: Planning and Fulfillment Guide to assess and document your skills and knowledge to move ahead with your career development. It’s a good idea to discuss your plan with your supervisor.
The Career Mobility Model is a continuous learning framework. Each summer is a great tme to reassess your skills, set new goals, and create a new learning plan to address your career aspirations.