Yale’s online shipping solution, allows you to create airbills and track shipments with FedEx, UPS, USPS, and DHL through third-party services which significantly reduces invoice errors in addition to providing many other online features:
- Clear display of shipping and pricing options to aid in appropriate service selection
- Online order status and reporting to answer shipping questions quickly
- Online address management to minimize retyping of frequent addresses
- Full visibility of all delivery exceptions and delays identified by root cause
- Provides access to Yale’s discounted contract pricing
- Incorporates a new vendor, United States Postal Service (USPS), that can now be used for carrier letters and flat-rate shipping
- Vendor shipping and pricing options are clearly displayed to enable you to choose the lowest price for the desired shipping option
To take advantage of Express Shipping, you will need to have a valid NetID and approval from your business manager or your Training Access Coordinator (TAC). While there is no formal training, you may want to review the written materials and training tutorials to be sure you are taking full advantage of tools provided by Express Shipping.
The following are automatically granted access to eShipGlobal and no access provisioning is required: M&P, C&T, Faculty, Post-Doctoral Associate or Post-Doctoral Fellow. Based on business need and at the discretion of the business manager, other Yale employees may be granted access. If you do not have access, please contact your departmental Lead Administrator or Operations Manager.