All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Note: All Procurement policies, procedures, and forms, have been reviewed and updated to accommodate Workday Financials business processes and terminology. Please review this snapshot of Procurement and Expense Notable Changes in policies, procedures, and forms for a convenient overview of changes. All Procurement and Expense policies, procedures, and forms are posted to the University Policies & Procedures website.
Yale University Purchasing Services helps the University to consolidate purchases for common items that we use collectively in large quantities such as office supplies, computers and lab supplies.
Using advanced bidding techniques, Purchasing Services saves the University money and improves the terms of Yale’s agreements with suppliers.
A few examples of this are:
- Transaction-processing tools and services
- Consultation services to help departments discover savings opportunities
- Negotiation and creation of large university-wide contracts
- Recommendations for sustainable purchases
- Customer service, training and quality assurance for procurement tools and business processes
- Best overall value of goods and services
- Recommending business practices to save you time and money
25 Science Park
150 Munson Street, 5th Floor
P.O. Box 208233
New Haven, CT 06520-8233