Purchasing Card (PCard)
Yale Purchasing Cards are the preferred tool for creating a one–step–transaction for buying and paying for certain goods and services needed for Yale business purposes. These cards are MasterCards by JP Morgan Chase that feature special capabilities and controls.
The Yale University Purchasing Card Program offers two types of Purchasing Cards: Individual Cards and Department Cards. The Individual Card is assigned to an individual employee authorized by their department and administered by the individual. The Department Card is created in the name of the department and is administered by a departmental business office designee.
The Procurement Department’s Electronic Commerce Unit is responsible for the oversight of this program.
Applying for a Card
- Complete the Purchasing Card Request Form
- Forward the form to your Business Office for completion and authorization.
- Complete the Setup and Authorization sections of the form.
Questions: Contact the Purchasing Card Office at email@example.com or call (203) 432-3227.
Receiving Your Card
Your Purchasing Card application will take 7–10 business days for JP Morgan Chase to process from the time that your Business Manager faxes the Purchasing Card Request Form to the Purchasing Card Office. In order to receive your card, you must complete online training which will be emailed to you from the PCard office. Cards can be picked up at the PCard office upon notification. You may pick up the card yourself or designate someone else to pick it up for you. Alternatively, new PCards can be mailed to your Business Manager.
Upon receipt of your new PCard, you must complete the Yale University Purchasing Cardholder Agreement.
Troubleshooting Purchasing Card Problems
- If PCard is lost or stolen, immediately report to JP Morgan Chase 1-800-316-6056
Int’l 1-847-488-4441 (call collect)
- If your PCard is accidentally used for a non-Yale expense, alert your business manager immediately
- If you notice an incorrect or suspicious charge on your statement, call the bank and contact your business office.
- If a purchase is declined:
- Call JP Morgan Chase Bank at 1(800) 316-6056 and ask for an explanation
- Call the PCard Office at (203) 432-3227 if you’re still concerned
Purchasing Card Security