Holding a Year-End Review Assessment Conversation With Your Employee
A Growth Mindset vs. A Fixed Mindset
There are over 4 million published studies associating the learning orientation of individuals, teams and organizations, i.e. growth mind-set, with:
- Success in change situations
- Tolerance of uncertainty Ability to work in complex situations
An individual’s, team’s or organization’s ability to learn underpins success factors.*
Someone with a growth mindset believes intelligence, personality and character can be continuously developed with hard work.
- Leaders with a growth mindset are better at problem solving, developing others, and deepening their own skills over time; they create environments that are motivating and conducive to innovation.
- Employees with a growth mindset achieve more in mastery of skills, learning through failure and persisting through obstacles.
What are the opportunities for learning and growth in this conversation? For myself? For my employee?
TED Talk - The Power of Belief – Mindset and Success (11 min)
* Wilkinson. D.J. (2020) How Businesses Pivot Successfully: What the research says; Oxford Review Special Report. The Oxford Review.
✓ Embrace a growth mindset to support positive movement
What are the opportunities for learning and growth in this conversation?
For my employee?