Yale Budgeting Tool Remediation
The Yale Budgeting Tool (YBT) is being rebuilt to support the new Yale Chart of Accounts (COA) and will go live during Fall 2017. Beyond the COA updates, additional tool enhancements have been made based on user’s feedback.
- Additional financial information created in YBT will be imported into Workday. This includes Budget, Department Plan, Current Year Forecast and Q2. Financial budgets can be created at the summary or detailed level.
- YBT will have ledger account detail as opposed to revenue and spend category detail.
- Labor Plans will be consolidated into one tab.
- Grant budgets will be maintained in Workday.
- Reporting will be available in YBT, as it is currently.
- Both YBT and Workday will have Actual vs Budget reporting available
- Both YBT and Workday will have the ability to report on Budget, Department Plan, Current Year Forecast, Q2 Forecast and more.
- The current version of YBT will remain active for reporting purposes until further notice and will be separate from the new YBT.
- Your current shortcuts located on your desktop will no longer work. Go to the Yale Budgeting Tool and update the link.
- Once the new YBT is live in October, you will again need to go to the Yale Budgeting Tool page and new links will be available for use.
|Important dates to remember|
|July 5, 2017||Payroll Costing Allocations may be maintained in Workday.|
|July 5, 2017||Changes to existing Grant budgets and new Grants that require budgets will be maintained Workday|
|October 2017||YBT Remediation Training|
|Phase 2||Make It So will part of Phase 2.|
Communications Sent to Date
- May kick off announcement
- June Important Dates announcement
- Workbook Setup (sent directly to Lead Administrators, and Business Operations Managers)
- YBT Remediation Project Page and Video
- Labor Planning Video
- YBT Security Access / Labor Options (sent directly to Lead Administrators Managers)
- YBT Update Meeting (delivered in August- September to Lead Administrators, and Business Operations Managers)
Please register for an Instructor Lead or Virtual training session. Note these sessions will focus on the changes to the remediated YBT tool in the following topic areas.
For more detailed information on the tool, the YBT User Guide will be updated and available at go-live.
|Topic||Instructor Led||Virtual (Sessions will be recorded & available on the YBT training site)|
|Labor & Financial Planning||Register||Register|
- YBT Financial Planning Changes
- YBT Labor Planning Changes
- YBT Remediated Tool Changes
- YBT Seeding Changes
- For questions, please submit them to YBTSupport@yale.edu.