Yale Budgeting Tool Remediation
The Yale Budgeting Tool (YBT) is being rebuilt to support the new Yale Chart of Accounts (COA) and will go live during Fall 2017. Beyond the COA updates, additional tool enhancements have been made based on user’s feedback.
- Additional financial information created in YBT will be imported into Workday. This includes Budget, Department Plan, Current Year Forecast and Q2. Financial budgets can be created at the summary or detailed level.
- YBT will have ledger account detail as opposed to revenue and spend category detail.
- Labor Plans will be consolidated into one tab.
- Grant budgets will be maintained in Workday.
- Reporting will be available in YBT, as it is currently.
- Both YBT and Workday will have Actual vs Budget reporting available
- Both YBT and Workday will have the ability to report on Budget, Department Plan, Current Year Forecast, Q2 Forecast and more.
- The current version of YBT will remain active for reporting purposes until further notice and will be separate from the new YBT.
|Important dates to remember|
|June 23, 2017, by 5:00 pm||FY18 Cost Allocations should be in YBT to be converted into Workday by using Make It So.|
|June 26, 2017 by 5:00 pm||June 2017 Cost Allocations (all weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payrolls) should be in YBT to be converted into Workday by using Make It So.|
|June 30, 2017||Nightly exports of Grant budget information will no longer be submitted to the DWH, and users will no longer be able to enter Grant budget data into YBT.|
|July 5, 2017||Payroll Costing Allocations may be maintained in Workday.|
|July 5, 2017||Changes to existing Grant budgets and new Grants that require budgets will be maintained Workday|
|Fall 2017||YBT with Make It So will be available for FY18.|
|October||YBT Remediation Training|
Communications Sent to Date
- May kick off announcement
- June Important Dates announcement
- Workbook Setup (sent directly to Lead Administrators, and Business Operations Managers)
- YBT Remediation Project Page and Video
- Labor Planning Video
- YBT Security Access / Labor Options (sent directly to Lead Administrators Managers)
- YBT Update Meeting (delivered in August- September to Lead Administrators, and Business Operations Managers)
- The YBT User Guide will be updated.
- Instructor Lead Training will occur in October. A communication will be sent with additional details when the plan is fully vetted.
- For questions, please submit them to YBTSupport@yale.edu.