What to Expect When You Return to Campus
Last Updated September 2, 2021
For those who are returning to campus, it is important that you follow the guidance set forth by Yale to reduce the transmission of the virus. All approved individuals returning to and working on the campus are expected to meet the following obligations.
- Vaccination: The university requires faculty, staff, and postdoctoral/postgraduate trainees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine or a university-approved exemption and to document their vaccinated status in the university’s records in the COVID-19 Health and Safety Database. Faculty, staff, and postdoctoral/postgraduate trainees must be exempted or fully vaccinated. Review additional guidance on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program page.
- Understanding your responsibilities: View the Statement of Expectations for Faculty and Staff.
- Training: All individuals working on campus must complete the COVID-19: Yale Return to Campus training. This training must be completed before you return to campus. If you have already been working on campus you should complete this training within two days.
- Daily self-monitoring: Fully-vaccinated* individuals who have submitted or confirmed their vaccination documentation are no longer required to complete the Daily Health Check before they come to campus. Review guidance for unvaccinated individuals on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program page.
- Wearing of face masks: Review and follow mask-wearing requirements as outlined on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program page.
- Returning to Yale Kit: While supplies last, Yale will provide a kit for your personal use. Faculty and staff must bring their ID and follow Health and Safety Requirements, as outlined on Yale’s COVID-19 website. For more information, visit the Obtaining Returning to Yale Kits page.
- Maintaining physical distance: Vaccinated individuals are not expected to physically distance themselves from others. Unvaccinated individuals are required to maintain 6’ distance from others indoors and outdoors. Review additional guidance on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program page.
- Staying home or going home if ill: Individuals experiencing symptoms should stay home or return home following the advice of their healthcare provider and inform their supervisor. Please review Workplace Guidance FAQs for additional information.
*Individuals are considered fully-vaccinated two weeks after they receive the last dose of their vaccine series (i.e. second dose of a two-dose series or one does of a single-dose vaccine and after they submit or confirm their vaccination documentation through the Yale Vaccine Portal.
Health and Well-being
Please follow the health precautions outlined on Yale’s COVID-19 Prevention page to reduce the risk of infection for you and your colleagues.
COVID-19 Virus Screening Program: Yale is offering a screening program to Yale faculty, staff, and trainees who have been authorized to return to campus and who do not have symptoms of COVID-19. The screening, which is voluntary and free of charge. Please visit COVID-19 Screening Program for additional details. An appointment is required.
Yale Shuttle: Visit the Yale Shuttle page for additional information about Safe Riding Protocols.
Parking and Transportation: Please visit the Parking and Transportation Options page to stay updated on changes to schedules and services.
Review valuable resources, which will be updated regularly, to help you remain informed.