Resources to Support Yale's Workplace Arrangements
July 21, 2022
To: Yale Staff
In our April 26 update on workplace arrangements, Jack Callahan and I affirmed that a new chapter in our evolving work environment would begin on July 1. To support you on this journey, I am pleased to announce the launch of new information and guidance.
Please visit the new Work Models at Yale web page, where you will find:
- Yale’s vision and guiding principles as they apply to work arrangements
- A video summarizing this vision and the guiding principles
- A summary of the two main types of flexible work arrangements: FlexPlace and FlexTime
- The general expectations of all staff for successful FlexPlace work arrangements
- Yale’s flexible work policies for managerial, professional, and excluded staff
- Hybrid and remote work guidance for bargaining unit staff
- Frequently asked questions
- Resources for managers and staff, including self-directed learning, guides, and suggested readings
As always, if you have additional questions, please speak with your manager, or contact your Human Resources Generalist (HRG) to discuss FlexPlace work arrangements and FlexTime scheduling options.
I wish to express my gratitude to all of you for your commitment to “excellence with flexibility” as we navigate this new landscape together in support of Yale’s mission of teaching, learning, research, and patient care.
Thank you for your continued contributions to the University.
Vice President, Human Resources