Recipe Corner March 2022 - Pistachio, Cherry, and Chocolate Biscotti
March 31, 2022
Pistachio, Cherry, and Chocolate Biscotti
Submitted by Shawn Langness-Varner
- 300 grams all-purpose flour
- 100 grams cocoa
- 6 grams baking soda
- 1 gram salt
- 400 grams granulated sugar
- 250 grams dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 110 grams, pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 50 grams semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 250 grams eggs
- 8 grams vanilla extract
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Whisk in the sugar. Add the chocolate, pistachios, and cherries and stir to combine.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the vanilla extract and add to the flour mixture. Mix the dough using a spatula or paddle attachment of a mixer. The dough will come together as you continue to mix it.
- Turn the dough onto the table and divide into 4 equal pieces. By hand, mold and roll each piece into a cylinder 2 inches wide and about 12 inches long. Using your palms, lightly flatten each log.
- Brush the tops of each log with beaten egg white. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar over the tops.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the logs on the diagonal about 3/8 inches wide. Return the slices to a baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F degrees until just crisp.