All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
FY20 Change Process Review
April 30, 2020
Over the last several months, the FY20 Change Process Review was performed. The review produced numerous process and ServiceNow tool enhancements that are being implemented on May 21.
How was the review done?
IT Service Management met with change advisors who gathered feedback from their respective groups to be reviewed. This feedback was disseminated and prioritized, then viable improvement candidates were submitted for development or process change.
Why do a review?
As part of continuous improvement, Service management will review all core IT processes annually, looking for:
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Adherence to process
- Consumer and provider satisfaction feedback
- Maturity (Incremental improvements over time help to mature processes)
What is changing?
- HTML text removed from description text field and moved into a more usable table
- Scheduling tab updated to add maintenance window and outage fields
- Planning tab added to maintain the relevant questions removed from the description text field
- Enhanced access provided for Change Manager Role
- Ability to update tasks from the list view
- Implementation of several flags and warnings to better alert consumers
- Automation of Pre-Approval Change Process
To gain a better understanding of the enhancements being implemented, instructor led virtual training overviews are being offered. Register through Yale’s Training and Management System (TMS). The following IT Service Management Training: Updates to Change Process (FY20) sessions are available:
- Session 1 (Thursday, May 14, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.)
- Session 2 (Tuesday, May 19, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.)
- Make-up session (Wednesday, May 27, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.)
For additional information, send an inquiry to the Service Management Team.