All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
Action required - Scheduled maintenance - Desktop Backup - January 6
December 22, 2020
- On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, devices using Crashplan as their desktop backup service will be migrated to the Code42 cloud solution.
- Individuals new to using Code42 will be required to perform a one-time login through the Code42 software using their Yale email address.
- The name Crashplan will be rebranded to Code42.
- There will be no change to the user interface and the service will continue to perform as desktop backup does today.
Yale is moving all Crashplan backup service accounts to Code42 on Wednesday, January 6.
- Existing Code42 clients will be automatically redirected to the new cloud backup source.
- Backups and restores will continue to work during the migration process.
- Individuals who are new to using Code42 will be required to login to the new desktop backup software using their Yale email address one time. This is only required for the initial login to Code42. Subsequent use of the desktop backup application will not require this login.
- The desktop backupsoftware will continue to work as it does today.
- The name Crashplan will be replaced/rebranded with Code42. This will include the process names, names of services, and names of most of the backup folder locations.
- The user interface for the application remains the same and will continue to perform to its current standards.