ePAY project update
April 27, 2022
As previously announced, the ePAY project (e-Commerce Payment Acceptance at Yale) is working with University departments to standardize credit card payment acceptance, processing, and reporting across the university to meet Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). E-commerce, also known as electronic commerce, is the buying and selling of goods and services through acceptance of electronic payment transactions, generally, via secured credit or debit card payment processing.
Since project launch in FY21, to date, ePAY has launched ePAY sites for 65 departments, processing $6.1 million in revenue.
As a reminder:
- Departments and business operations (not using EPIC) with current or expected credit card processing needs are asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to build their ePAY site.
- Departments needing a credit card processing platform, an upgrade, or making a change to an existing solution must contact email@example.com before beginning their search.
Welcome to ePAY
Since the project launch in FY21, the ePAY project has:
- Created 65 sites with over 590 ePAY offerings
- Processed $6.1 million in revenue
Onboarding of third-party providers, including YaleConnect (a.k.a Campusgroups, CVENT and Technolutions) continues.
Migrating their credit card processing to TouchNet’s standardized, user-friendly system, these departments have experienced:
- Reduced set-up time for a credit card processing site.
- Additional central support for credit card processing needs.
- A consistent, user-friendly customer experience.
- The elimination of the annual PCI SAQ attestation requirement.
- Streamlined reporting and reconciliation of credit card transactions.
- Automated accounting, resulting in fewer journal entries.
- Consistent patient experience when paying for health services reduces calls for assistance.
To ensure consistency in our credit card acceptance system and processes, departments must contact firstname.lastname@example.org before searching for a solution or an upgrade. Departments currently in a search should contact email@example.com before selecting a new system or finalizing any agreements. Our objective is to standardize credit card hardware and software; therefore, deploying the ePAY system for your department will be within this project’s scope. A member of the team will contact you to discuss the ePAY solution with you.