Possible action required: Capital Asset Accounting MEI RFID and FY22 Biennial Inventory
April 6, 2022
As previously announced, on April 11, as part of an ongoing initiative to safeguard University assets, streamline the biennial inventory process, and continue to meet A-81 Federal Uniform Guidance, the Capital Asset Accounting team and a team from the Yale School of Medicine Controller’s Office, will start scheduled re-tagging of all Movable Equipment Inventory (MEI) assets with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tags.
- On April 4, the first group of Cost Centers received email notices regarding the first phase of MEI re-tagging scheduled to start on April 11.
- Re-tagging will be scheduled by building and Cost Center. Cost Centers will receive a notification email a week before their scheduled re-tagging visit.
- Re-tagging will be completed by the Capital Asset Accounting team in coordination with a team from the Yale School of Medicine Controller’s Office.
- The FY22 Biennial Inventory, required to be finalized by July 29, will be completed simultaneously with this RFID re-tagging project.
- Workday Business Assets will remain the system of record and will integrate with the new Radiant RFID Asset inventory tags that will be placed on all University MEI assets affected by this upgrade.
- Please review the March 31, 2022 MEI RFID Finance Awareness Communication for additional details on this Capital Asset Accounting MEI RFID and FY22 Biennial Inventory initiative.
- Watch for your scheduling email from the ‘MEI.Admin’ email account. On Monday, April 4, the Capital Asset Accounting and Yale School of Medicine Controller’s Offices re-tagging teams began sending phased scheduling emails to Cost Centers. Scheduling e-mails will be sent one week in advance to starting re-tagging efforts.
- Please be aware that the re-tagging team may need your assistance with accessing MEI assets housed in locked or otherwise restricted areas and, if needed, will reach out to the contacts requested in your reply to the scheduling email. During the first phase of MEI re-tagging, the team will try to re-tag as many MEI assets as possible. Your help with accessing all assets will eliminate the need to reschedule for second phase re-tagging.
If you have questions about this project, please contact the Capital Asset Accounting team at email@example.com