New SPFA sponsor-based service model - intake portal now available
May 31, 2023
Information sessions will be held to review the benefits of the new service model and demonstrate the new SPFA Intake Portal’s functionality and ease of use. Please register for one of the sessions listed below.
SPFA has shifted to a sponsor-based service model to support the Yale community. The new service model means that questions will be routed to SPFA staff members with specialized expertise in specific sponsors or funding mechanisms. A new SPFA intake portal is now available that will formalize the process for university departments and business units to request support. It will:
- Drive simplicity and clarity in engaging with the SPFA team.
- Provide an intuitive, user-friendly interface for the Yale Community to engage with SPFA.
- Operationalize the shift from a departmental service model to a sponsor-based service model that will route the support request to a subject matter expert, driving greater efficiency and value for the community.
Access the portal here, and be sure to bookmark the link. Once you’ve accessed the portal, enter the requested information to route your question to the SPFA specialist.
The SPFA portal is not meant to replace direct conversations or relationships you have built with SPFA team members. You may reach out to an SPFA team member at any time with your questions about your sponsored award or about the portal. The portal is a tool that will:
- Streamline and simplify the process for requesting support.
- Create a case file with all relevant documentation to track support workflow status.
- Increase workflow efficiencies. For example, the case may be accessed by any member of the SPFA team with expertise in the sponsor or funding mechanism resulting in faster response time.
Information sessions will be held in June and will:
- Help users understand the purpose, impact, and benefits of the Sponsor-Based Model.
- Provide the information you need to successfully use the SPFA Portal to engage with the SPFA team for support.
- Demonstrate how to access the SPFA Intake Portal and its ease of use.
- Highlight best practices and changes to related processes and procedures.
Information Sessions Schedule:
Log onto the VPN, then register here via TMS for one of the sessions listed below.
Information Session 1
Tuesday, June 6
1 – 2 p.m.
Information Session 2
Tuesday, June 13
1 – 2 p.m.
Information Session 3
Wednesday, June 14
10 – 11 a.m.
For questions about the updates, please contact Krystina Gross.