Telephone replacement project - ongoing through August 15
July 12, 2023
- Yale ITS is conducting a campus-wide telephone upgrade running through August 15 to replace older phone models; not all buildings are impacted.
- We need your assistance - please share this survey as soon as possible with individuals in your department or area of responsibility if your building is scheduled for phone upgrades.
The Yale Telecommunications team will be conducting a campus-wide telephone upgrade replacing older Cisco model phones with new Cisco 8800 series phones. We expect this process to take 5 - 15 minutes for each phone.
Review the project plan to determine if your building is scheduled for an upgrade and view the related timeframes.
Please share this brief survey with individuals in your department or area of responsibility so specific needs can be appropriately captured.
During the upgrade process, you will not be able to use the phone, and any incoming calls during this time will route to voicemail. Phones will be replaced regardless of whether you are physically onsite or not.
What to expect:
- Your extension will remain the same.
- There will be no changes to how external people call your phone or how internal callers will reach you.
- You will need to dial 9 to make an outbound call to the public telephone network.
- Your phone feature buttons may appear differently, but the same features remain available.
- Speed-dial buttons will remain the same.
- No changes to voicemail; your password and messages will be retained.
- Replacement phones will be tested to ensure they are working properly.
Excluded from this maintenance:
- Previously updated phones (8800 Series Phones) - view image
- Elevator phones
- Fax lines
- Health, Life, and Safety phones (blue phones used to call the Yale Police in case of emergency)
If you have any questions regarding the maintenance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Telecommunications team.
Visit the IT system status page for updates.
For additional assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to view answers to trending questions, search our how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.
Yale Information Technology Services