Holiday recess schedules and adjusted deadlines
December 9, 2020
Yale University will be closed for the holiday recess from Wednesday, December 23 through Friday, January 1, 2021. The following is a brief summary of systems availability, adjusted deadlines, and support services related to this period.
- Payroll Schedule and Important Information
- STARS/Recruiting and Hiring
- Employee Services
- Financial Systems and Solutions
- Treasury Services
- Accounts Payable
- Finance Support Center (FSC)
- Power BI Report Server and Finance Data Mart
- ITS Cellular Services
- ITS Help Desk
- ITS Data Center
- Yale Mail Service
The Pay Schedule contains detailed information about closing and pay schedules.
Please refer to the following schedule for creating and posting job requisitions, processing temporary employment requests, and extending offers to candidates before and after the 2020 holiday recess period:
Monday, November 23
- Last date Staffing can accept approved L35 job requisitions to meet the posting deadline of November 25 (removed as of December 7)
Monday, December 14
- Last date Staffing can receive STARS job postings for auditing to meet the posting deadline of December 18 (all positions other than L35)
- Last opportunity to submit Temporary Data Collection Forms, via STARS, for the processing of temporary workers before the recess period
Friday, December 18
- Last date that Staffing can extend offers prior to the recess period
- Last date Staffing can open a job requisition which will post to the applicable gateway(s) on the following date
Monday, January 4
- First day Staffing can open a job requisition for 2021, which will post to the applicable gateway(s) on the following date (all positions other than L35)
Wednesday, January 6
- First L35 job requisition posting date of 2021 (deadline submission date of January 4 by noon)
If you have any questions, please contact an Employee Services representative at 203-432-5552 or email@example.com.
The Employee Services Center (ESC) recess hours are as follows:
- December 23, 24 & 25 and January 1, 2021 - closed
- December 28, 29 and 30 - open 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 31 - open 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The appointment only I-9 Center will be closed during recess.
Please note the following processing times for specific transactions.
- Journals requiring central approval will not be reviewed after 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 22 through 8:30 a.m. on Monday, January 4.
- Payroll Obligation Adjustments will be run at 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 22 and will not be updated again until Monday, January 4 at 11:30 a.m.
- GSPS commitments will not be updated after Tuesday, December 22 until Monday, January 4.
- F&A commitments will be updated Tuesday, December 22 and Tuesday, December 29. F&A commitments will not be updated after Tuesday, December 29 until Monday, January 4.
Questions can be directed to the Finance Support Center (FSC) at 203-432-5394 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond after holiday on Monday, January 4, 2021.
Treasury Services located at 2 Whitney Avenue, will be closed Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday December 23 to 25. Treasury will be open for deposits Tuesday through Friday, December 28 – 31 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Deposits may be dropped at any time in the drop box located on the Grove Street side of the building (no inter-office envelopes please) and at the drop box located at 333 Cedar Street inside the building on the first floor.
Transactions need to be submitted to Accounts Payable by Monday, December 14 at 3:00 p.m.
- Invoices (PO and OK2Pay) to YSS.Invoices@yale.edu
- Vendor Setup Requests should be initiated by the department prior to 3:00 p.m.
- Vendor changes to email@example.com
Transactions need to be submitted for review to Accounts Payable by Monday, December 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- Petty Cash
- Check Request (Supplier Invoice Request)
- Expense Reports for YSS Partners
- Match Exceptions for PO invoices
In order to receive a check, your transaction must be fully approved by Friday, December 18:
- During the holiday recess, the FSC will not be available Wednesday, December 23 through Friday, January 1, 2021.
To ensure that your transactions are processed before the holiday break, please note the following critical date:
- Monday, December 14 (5:00 p.m.): Purchase Requisitions received by Purchasing
- Anything received after the aforementioned date may not be processed until our return on January 4, 2021.
All Procurement units (which include Purchasing Services and Electronic Commerce Services) will be closed during the break.
Workday and SciQuest will remain available during the holiday break. However, as all requisitions require financial review and approval, they may not be reviewed during the break. Likewise, requisitions that require review and approval by central units (e.g., radioactive or hazardous materials by EHS; requisitions requiring Purchasing approval or requests to close POs) will be reviewed beginning Monday, January 4, 2021. University Receiving locations are also on a reduced schedule.
eShip Global, the university’s express shipping tool, will also remain available during the holiday break.
The Purchasing Card office will not be available during the break. If assistance is needed, please contact JP Morgan Chase at 1-800-316-5065.
Please share this reminder with those in your department who are responsible for these transaction types. Please email questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ITS Cellular Services will close at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22, and will reopen at 8:30 a.m. Monday, January 4. Please submit any international cell service requests no later than Friday, December 18 to ensure international coverage. If you need any cellular assistance during the recess break, please contact the ITS Help Desk which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You may call 203-432-9000 or visit Get Help to search How-to Articles, report a problem, or chat.
The ITS Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. You may call 203-432-9000 or visit Get Help to search How-to Articles, report a problem, or chat.
Walk-in Computer Support Centers will not be available during the holiday recess.
- Wednesday, November 25 – Data Center Operations closes at 9:00 p.m.
- Unstaffed from 9:00 p.m. Wednesday, November 25 through 7:00 a.m. Friday, November 27.
- Thursday, December 24 – Data Center Operations closes at 6:00 p.m.
- Unstaffed from 6:00 p.m., Thursday, December 24 through 7:00 a.m. Saturday, December 26.
- Thursday, December 31 – Data Center Operations closes at 6:00 p.m.
- Unstaffed from 6:00 p.m., Thursday, December 31 to 7:00 a.m., Friday, January 1, 2021.
For all times the Operations Center is unmanned, coverage will be maintained by on-call staff. Anyone needing emergency assistance during the time the facility is not staffed may call 203-432-6506 and the on-call staff member will respond.
The Power BI Report Server and Finance Data Mart will be available in unattended status during the Thanksgiving recess from Wednesday, November 25 through Sunday, November 29. Data is static as of 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, November 25 through Monday, November November 30 at 12:01 a.m., when the load restarts. Unattended status means that while the systems will be available, if there are errors during the overnight load process, those will not be fixed until the staff returns after the holiday recess.
If you encounter Power BI, People Hub or Finance Data Mart problems, please report them to the ITS Help Desk.
Yale Mail Service operates on a limited schedule during the Holiday recess. While they receive and sort mail, they will not be delivering any campus mail unless specifically requested by departments Yale Mail Service will be closed on Friday, December 25, 2020 – Christmas Day and Friday, January 1, 2020 – New Year’s Day. Please Note: Campus mail sorting and delivery subject to change with regard to campus COVID restrictions.
The following Christmas Recess days Campus Mail will be open for mail deliveries to departments that are open and want to receive mail are:
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Monday, December 28, 2020
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Thursday, December 31, 2020