Recruiting Strategic Initiative Program update
December 14, 2022
December 2022 update
A message from the Recruiting Program leads Janet Gipson, head of Talent Acquisition, HRSSTA Staffing, Bridgett LaFountain, director, Yale School of Medicine - Employee Relations, and Randal Ritter, senior program manager, ITS Shared Services.
Before and since the launch of the Recruiting Strategic Initiative, the program team has been working on several initiatives and workstreams in support of our NorthStar:
Build an intuitive and efficient institutional process for staffing roles across Yale with highly talented and diverse candidates. Re-engineer the recruiting methods and practices of Yale that contributes to the culture and capability of Yale in an effective university-wide approach.
As Program Leaders of the Recruiting Strategic Initiative, we are pleased to share our progress and plans and commit to providing you with regular updates about the work being done to deliver on our mission. The following represents the start of a multi-year program.
The Recruiting Strategic Initiative web page has been launched as a part of the new Operations website. The website will be consistently updated to provide you with the most current information about this program.
- Position Priority MVP Focus Group: Successfully partnered with a focus group of lead administrators to validate the new process and related communication to achieve MVP goal.
- Requisition Planning Tool: The Tool is designed to assist lead administrators and department leaders in assessing recruiting needs and decisions and assigning open positions. The Tool displays data for all approved and opened staff positions.
- Kincentric Assessment: Engaged community through a survey that gathered insights from talent acquisition participants, including assessment of the current state, TA activity survey, stakeholder focus groups, and interviews.
- Dec. 2022: Identify and prioritize key projects and advance our NorthStar
- Dec. 2022: Finalize Implementation Roadmap
- Jan. 2023: Initiate STARS Manager User Guide
- Feb. 2023: Initiate DEIB Manager Toolkit
Did you know…
Yale’s Employee Referral Program was launched earlier this year to bring talented professionals to Yale. The enthusiasm and support of this program have been successful. As of December 1, we have welcomed over 160 new employees to Yale, including more than 50 diverse candidates and 30 New Haven residents, and rewarded Yale employees with referral bonuses totaling more than $255,000. Due to the program’s success, we are extending it through June 2023. Eligible employees will continue to receive a $1,500 award (and an additional $500 for New Haven resident candidate referrals) when they identify external candidates hired for benefit-eligible staff positions.
Janet Gipson recently joined the HR senior leadership team as the new Head of Talent Acquisition, reporting to John Whelan. In this role, Janet will be instrumental in advancing HR’s strategic priority of “attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce at Yale.” Janet joins us after serving as the vice president for talent acquisition at Global Medical Response Corporation. Prior to that, she spent 20 years at DISH Network/EchoStar as the vice president for talent acquisition, vice president for sales and marketing, and a series of other business development roles. In a dual degree program, Janet earned her B.A. in Mathematics from Spelman College and her B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Georgia Tech. She continued her education to complete her M.B.A. from the College of William and Mary.
Thank you for your engagement and support.