YaleSites upgrade project status – Spring 2023
June 7, 2023
As previously announced, Yale ITS and the Office of Public Affairs and Communication are upgrading YaleSites, Yale’s web-publishing service. This message provides the Spring 2023 update on project progress:
- The YaleSites team is planning a soft launch of the platform in the summer of 2023. A community-wide launch is anticipated in the fall.
- Resources and training are currently being offered to the community.
- A continued Drupal 7 Support Plan is in place for sites that do not upgrade immediately.
- An exciting new feature, Layout Builder, has been implemented on the new platform. This visual design tool allows for the quick creation of layouts that display content on a website. It allows site builders and editors to:
- Customize the arrangement of content on single pages, landing pages, and content types.
- Use drag and drop functionality to manage blocks and content fields.
- View layouts in preview mode as pages are designed.
- June/July training options include Basic Principles of Information Architecture, Using a Content Matrix, and Interpreting Analytics and Using Data to Inform Content Auditing and Creation.
- A list of upcoming sessions and registration links can always be found on yalesites.yale.edu.
- A group of site builders/editors is engaged in a series of focus groups to provide feedback on the new platform.
- User acceptance testing will be conducted in June, prior to the YaleSites soft launch.
- The YaleSites team is planning a series of platform demo sessions over the summer.
For more information, please visit the YaleSites Upgrade Program page.