The Bulldog Computer is coming this summer
July 13, 2023
- This summer, Information Technology Services (ITS) is introducing a new service, the Bulldog Computer, a new flexible and secure computing platform that replaces the current Yale pre-configured computer options.
- Faculty or staff needing a new computer will receive a customized experience, delivered more quickly and ready to use out-of-the-box.
- Bulldog Computer benefits include:
- A pre-configured Mac or Windows-based computer that offers flexibility, reliability, and security while adding enhanced features, including administrative rights/permissions, to accommodate your needs.
- A simplified process - from ordering to setup – reducing the time it takes to get to work.
- Compliance with security policies upon login – without the need for additional configuration.
Yale ITS successfully piloted the Bulldog Computer experience with various staff and faculty - including leadership, ITS, and others. Individuals had the opportunity to test the ‘out-of-the-box’ experience from beginning to end and provided abundant positive feedback. This valuable information led Yale’s leadership to offer the Bulldog Computer to the Yale community this summer.
What to expect
- Select your computer and peripheral.
- When you receive your computer - after entering your Yale email and password, the computer will automatically be configured based on your role.
- The system will walk you through some questions, or you may request help from IT support if you prefer.
The Bulldog Computer comes with modern IT advances such as pre-configuration based on your role and preferences, quick setup, increased speed and performance, many preapproved applications, and robust IT support - all without the need to contact ITS for administrative rights/permissions.
This service will continue to evolve to meet Yale’s standards and your needs.
More details about the Bulldog Computer are forthcoming before this summer’s official release.
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 203-432-9000 or visit our website to view answers to trending questions, search how-to articles, start a chat, or report a problem.
More information about Bulldog Computer’s additional features and how to get started is coming soon.