All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
The Business Solutions team is responsible for stewardship of the University’s financial systems.
In addition to providing business leadership for core finance systems, the Business Solutions team is also responsible for leading the development and implementation of a business intelligence vision and strategy on behalf of Finance and Business Operations that improves the quality, timeliness, and relevance of information and facilitates the delivery of high quality analytics and reports to decision-makers at Yale.
The team’s responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and implementation of a vision and strategy for the use of technology to support the University’s financial activities specifically – and broadly for business intelligence for all Finance & Business Operations units.
- Acting as the voice of the financial process owners and financial system users in the governance of enterprise financial systems; working in close partnership with central Finance and school/unit finance stakeholders to understand, prioritize, and implement the use of technology to support business needs.
- Working in close partnership with ITS on the prioritization, implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of enterprise financial systems.
- Working with financial process owners and users to modify business processes in order to enhance the usage of financial systems and meet stakeholder needs.
- Working in collaboration with function leaders to control access to financial systems; maintaining access policies and procedures.
- Ensuring users of financial systems receive high quality training that encompasses both tool training and business process awareness and facilitates high quality financial management at Yale.
- Working with ITS to ensure financial systems are available to users and maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting assistance to the financial user community.
- Serving as steward of university financial data; partnering with ITS to develop and maintain financial data warehouse, data definitions, and data governance. Maintaining financial data governance policies and procedures.