Financial Systems and Solutions
Financial Systems and Solutions is responsible for maintaining solid stability and availability of more than 20 financial systems at the university. The department is also responsible for support of Workday reporting and the maintenance and support of the Finance Data Mart (FDM). Additionally, the department collaborates with staff in other Finance departments and Business Operations to provide high quality accounting and systems guidance and support.
Major responsibilities of Financial Systems and Solutions include:
- Provides expert support in leveraging the use of technology and business intelligence to support financial activities and drive decision-making (Controller, Procurement, Payables, Budget Office, Finance Operations, Audit, Grants).
- Coordinates and executes activities related to monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
- Evaluates, selects, and supports financial systems and business intelligence tools, and leads initiatives to implement systems and drive business process optimization through technology-enabled solutions.
- Accountable for stewarding Finance systems and data for usage, accuracy, and security.
- Provide project management and leadership for cross-functional and finance initiatives.