Place content here. This is a site-wide alert banner.
Frequently Needed Yale Facts
- Institutional Assurances and Code Numbers
- Authorized Financial Officer
- Payment Addresses
- Rate Agreements
- Yale Compensation Policies for Postdoctoral Appointees
- Yale Graduate Student Tuition, Stipends and Continuous Registration Fees
- Equipment vs. Supplies
- NIH Salary Cap
- NIH/NRSA Stipends, Tuition Fees and Other Budgetary Levels
Yale University is a private corporation. For tax purposes, the University is covered under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
|Type of Information||Date / Number / Code|
|Age Discrimination Act||Filed 8/26/1993|
|Animal Welfare Assurance (commonly referred to as the “Assurance”) Number||D16-00146 | Effective July 25, 2016
Note: Previous Assurance A3230-01 may still appear in official documents for the life of the Assurance (May 5, 2015- May 31, 2019) until a new Assurance is issued to Yale.
|SAM Registration Status | Expiration Date||Active|Expires 05/21/2019|
|Employer Identification Number (EIN) (also known as Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)||06-0646973|
|Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) – Federalwide Assurance (FWA) Number||FWA00002571 (Expires 01/05/2022)|
|Misconduct In Science Assurance||Filed 03/14/2016|
|North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code||611310 (Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools)|
|Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Number||06-00183-03 (Radiation License Date: 02/28/2005)|
|ORCA Certification Date:||09/19/2014|
|Type of Organization||Institution of Higher Education|
|U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Inspection Date||10/02/2006|
|USDA License and Registration Number (Registration Period)||16-R-0001 (March 20, 2014-March 20, 2017)|
Authorized Financial Officer:
Kenechia Clarke, Associate Director, Financial Management
Office of Sponsored Projects
150 Munson Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 208327
New Haven, CT 06520-8327
Telephone Number: (203) 737-5675
Fax Number: (203) 737-5837
Make checks payable to: Yale University.
|PAYMENT REMITTANCE ADDRESS:||SUBCONTRACT INVOICE REMITTANCE ADDRESS:||W AWARDS & CLINICAL TRIAL (44000) PAYMENT REMITTANCE:|
Contacting email: GrantsAR@yale.edu
For overnight delivery:
|Send electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send by U.S. mail to:
School of Medicine
333 Cedar Street, I-100 SHM
New Haven, CT 06510-3206
- Most Recent Rate Agreement DHHS FEDERAL RATE AGREEMENT dated 04/09/18 NEW!
- Cognizant Agency: Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- DHHS Representative: Ryan McCarthy, (212) 264-2069
Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Cost Rates
Applicable to Location
|RATES EFFECTIVE 7/1/2018
|Research DOD Contract
|Other Sponsored Activities
|Other Sponsored Activities
*Effective 7/1/2022 until amended provisional rates apply (use same rates as those cited for fiscal year ending 6/30/2022).
F&A Cost Rates for Corporate/Industrial Sponsors
- 69.9% Research
- 30.0% Industry-sponsored clinical trial
F&A Cost Rates for Sponsors with No Stated Overhead Rate
Please contact the Office of Sponsored Projects
Fringe Benefit Rates
The categories referred to below are:
- Exempt - Salaried (includes Faculty, M&P, Postdoctoral Associates)
- Non-Exempt - Hourly (includes C&T, S&M)
- Part-Time - (self-explanatory)
|APPLICABLE TO Type||Rates Effective
(7/1/17 - 6/30/18)
(7/1/18 - 6/30/19) FIXED
|Rates Effective (7/1/19 - Until Amended) PROVISIONAL|
|NON-FEDERAL||Refer to the Controller’s Office Factsheet|
- Yale Compensation Policies and Postdoctoral Appointees Compensation Policies for Postdoctoral Appointees
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Tuition & Living Costs
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Stipend Payments
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: Funding
- Equipment is defined as an article of tangible nonexpendable personal property with a useful life of more than 1 year and a cost per unit equal to or greater than $5,000. Those items which do not meet this definition should be budgeted in the materials and supplies category.
- Effective January 7, 2018, the Executive Level II Salary Cap increased from $187,000 to $189,600. See: NIH NOT-OD-18-137, Guidance on Salary Limitation for Grants and Cooperative Agreements FY 2018.
- NIH Salary Cap Summary FY1990-Present
- Key point: You may re-budget existing funds (per NIH policies and procedures) to cover the increased salary cap level, but no additional funds will be provided by NIH to cover the increased salary expenses.
- Details for Individual and Institutional (NRSA) Awards may be found at Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Awards (NRSA) Postdoctoral Stipends.
- Additional information for Institutional (NRSA) Awards may be found at Yale’s NIH Institutional Training Grant Resources.