Consent to Receive Your W-2 Electronically
Safeguard your sensitive information from possible loss or theft in U.S. mail. Opt out of receiving a paper W-2 and consent to exclusively receive your W-2 electronically by following these instructions:
- Log in to Workday with your NetID and password.
- Select the ‘Menu’ button on the top left side of your screen, then select ‘Pay’ from the dropdown.
- In the Pay dashboard, under ‘View,’ select ‘My Tax Documents.’ Choose ‘Printing Elections’ from the pop-up window.
- Select ‘Edit’ on the right and select the radio button to receive an electronic copy of tax documents.
- Click ‘OK’ in the lower left corner and click ‘Done.’
For more detailed instructions, view the Receiving an Electronic Copy of Your W-2 tip sheet.
Once you have selected to receive your W-2 only electronically, Yale will not mail a paper copy to you. You will receive an email notification in mid to late January when your W-2 is ready for print.