All staff who can work at home should continue to do so. Only with an explicit request from a supervisor should a staff member return to campus. For more information, review COVID-19 Workplace Guidance.
COVID-19 Shuttle Update
Physical distancing on Yale shuttles is critical to the health and safety of the Yale community. As a result, review our Safe Riding Protocols before utilizing our available routes:
In addition to tracking your ride in real-time, you may view the DoubleMap text version.
The Yale University Shuttle provides transportation between the University, the East Rock neighborhood, and the New Haven train stations for students, faculty and staff.
This free service runs year-round with the exception of the following University Holidays: New Years Eve, New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Physical distancing on Yale shuttles is critical to the health and safety of the Yale community. As a result, shuttle passenger capacity and routes will be extremely limited. Review additional protocols on this page.
Be Aware of Capacity Limitations
- Shuttles will operate at approximately 50% of normal rider capacity to ensure physical distancing.
- Further, temporary changes to existing shuttle routes may be required due to capacity limitations.
Follow New Passenger Guidelines
- Shuttle passengers are asked to maintain at least 6 feet of space from others at all shuttle stops.
- No standees will be allowed.
- Passengers will be required to board and exit the rear door of all two-door buses.
- Masks must be worn at all times by passengers and the driver when the vehicle is occupied.
- To maintain physical distance, only use the window seats on each row of the bus.
Stay Informed About Safety Measures
- Air circulation has been set to “fresh air” to allow for proper circulation of air flow.
- Passenger barriers have been installed for safety and should not be handled.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of high touch point areas are cleaned at the end of each loop, and the entire vehicle is cleaned and disinfected nightly.
- Check online before planning your trip, to be sure your route is available.
- Consider alternatives, such as personal bikes, to get to and from Campus.